Q. Would you consider vomiting after three days of appendix surgery a normal one?

Answered by Dr. Arvind Guru and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Appendectomy or Vomiting? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My sister went through appendix surgery three days back. She vomited yesterday when we were taking her home and then we took her back to the hospital. The doctor gave an injection for vomiting and discharged her.

Today, she vomited again at 7 pm. We need your expert advice if this is normal after appendix surgery. Should we get a scan again to ensure if the surgery went well?