Q. From yesterday, I have fever, headache, and cold. Please help.

Dr. Ayesha Naveed
Published on Jul 27, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I have fever, headache, and cold from yesterday night. I took Paracetamol. Please help.

Dr. Ayesha Naveed

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

You are most probably suffering from common cold and flu. The headache is due to sinusitis.

I suggest you try taking the following:

• Tablet Panadol Extra (Paracetamol and Caffeine) after every 8 hours for three days.
  • Tablet Fexet-D (Fexofenadine and Pseudoephedrine hydrochloride) twice a day, after every twelve hours for three days.
  • Capsule Leflox (Levofloxacin) 500 mg after every 12 hours (If the fever persists after three days or the condition worsens).
  • Take plenty of fluids.
  • Avoid cold water.
  • Bed rest.

For more information consult a general practitioner online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/general-practitioner

| 

Does the blood pressure medication could cause headaches?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 50 year old female. I have aches in my limbs and thighs especially at night. It is often characterized by heaviness in limbs. I am getting headache chiefly in left side of the head. I am taking painkiller at least once in a week for the same. I am taking Newtel 40 mg for blood pres...  Read Full »

Fever in Babies: When to Call the Doctor

Article Overview: Fever is a non-specific symptom. When babies have fever, it can be traumatic for the parents as well, because they are unsure of what is causing it and how to soothe the baby. Adding to their anxiety, the baby is unable to explain his/ her discomfort in words. This article deals with how to take care of a baby who is down with fever and when to seek medical help. Read Article

Dr. Vasantha K S
Child Health Specialist

Fever is not an illness by itself, but a symptom. It can be due to virus or bacteria. Viral fevers that come with the common flu or cold tend to subside within three days. They do not require antibiotics as these medicines have no effect on the virus. On the other hand, bacterial fevers like urinary...  Read Article

What has to be done for fever and chills in 3 years 6 months old child?

Query: Hello doctor, Fever and chills in a child of age 3 years 6 months. A mild cough is also noticed. What can I do?  Read Full »

Ask a General Practitioner Now