Q. I have joint pain, anemia, swollen lymph node, and fever. Is rheumatoid arthritis the cause?

Dr. Nischith
and medically reviewed by Dr. Lochana
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 28, 2020 and last reviewed on: Nov 05, 2020

Good day doctor I am a 22 year old female. 5.3' and 97lbs And I started experiencing pain in my joints an year ago.The pain continued and increased in intensity. Before eight monts I was told that my blood was a bit low. I fractured my arm very easily before seven months. After that the pain was a bit better since I was taking Dipirona . For my blood I was given iron tablets folic acid and vitamin c and multivitamins. Four months back I was hospitalized for fever,joint pain and anaemia. i was diagnosed with anemia due to deficiency of iron. The joint pain continued and was later diagnosed with rhematoid arthritis . My Alt was high. factor rhematoid was high .electrosedimentation rate was high.i has swollen and inflamed joints and still had anemia . I was given therapy of ozone gas for 20 days and took Predisone for roughly 3 months .Now I am told I do not have arthritis and I am confused . My symptoms now include slight muscle or joint pain ,anaemia,swollen lymph nodes,low grade fever only for a few days not more than 3 ,fatigue,and sore throat at night . I have a raised spot that appears and disappears on my chest (not sure if this is important) leucogram 5.1*10⁹. Lymphocytes 0.32, platelets 0.67,eosinophil 0.3*10⁹. Mcv 79.3 ,Mchc 29.7,globulin 5.3g/dl,LDh 649.7 hematocrit from 0.28 to 0.33 I hope I was clear with my query please tell free to ask any questions

#

Hello , I understand that you have been diagnosed with rheumatic arthritis through your Blood and clinical parameters. You have been treated for Anaemia and Arm fracture. Your blood reports say , you Are having high inflammatory markers. To diagnose Rhematic arthritis , we need to have several symptoms and signs - We diagnose based on ACR /EULAR criteria - Multiple joint pain / Ra factor value / Anti ccp value ,Raised Esr /CRP & symptom duration . Studying your history , you can be classified as Rheumatic arthritis. Being diagnosed you need not worry as it is treatable condition and it usually follows a waxing waning course which means you can have acute symptoms for a week and slowly symptom free period for a couple of months. It needs vigorous treatment if it is causing Erosion of joints. Kindly follow back with X-rays , if I can be of help . Thank you.

| 

Why is my child not talking to others outside the house?

Query: Hello doctor, I am concerned about my only daughter whose age is 3.5 years. She is going to preschool for past one year now. She is well in her studies. She is very mischievous and lively chatterbox in our home. But she cannot mingle with outside society. She is reserved in her school. She does not...  Read Full »

What is the frequency of consultation in the treatment for rheumatoid arthritis?

Query: Hello doctor, I have rheumatoid arthritis. There is a long waiting list to see a rheumatologist in my place. I am thinking of seeing a private doctor but I have limited funds. How often would I need to see a rheumatologist? I cannot afford it every week or maybe every few months. How often do you t...  Read Full »

I am worried about my lab results. Is it an emergency to consult a rheumatologist?

Query: Hello doctor, I am worried about my blood work lab results. My RNP antibodies are at 2.3, speckled pattern 1:80, antinuclear antibodies, IFA is positive. I know I should not be diagnosing myself, but my findings is worrisome. Most of my symptoms match up with what I am seeing. I guess my question i...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»

Ask an Orthopaedician & Traumatologist Now