Atherosclerosis

I read we can hear our blood flow when in extremely silent zero DB room. Is it true?

Query: Hello doctor,This is more of science question, I read somewhere we can hear our blood flow when in extremely silent room zero DB room, Is that true?  Read Full »

Dr. C Elanchezhian

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you can hear not only the silent room. Average person's carotid artery pulse and blood flow sounds can be heard in ears. During palpitations, we can hear the condition aortic stenosis blood flow sound. So many valvular diseases can be understood.  Read Full »

Why is my resting heart rate above 100?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 25 years old. My resting heart rate is above 100. What is the reason?  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have worked through your query and understand your health issues. I assure you not worry as you have consulted the appropriate expert physician who will take care of all of your medical concerns. The reasons for tachycardia are as follows. Thyroid disease. Poor b...  Read Full »

How to reduce the increased lipoprotein level?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 42-year-old female. I am not taking any medications till now. Recently, I did my yearly medical tests and saw my LP(a) at 54.3 mg/dL. Please suggest.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Usually, LP(a) level should be less than 30 mg /dL. But, you have an increased level. High level of LP(a) signifies the increased risk for atherosclerosis of vessel and heart disease like ischemic heart disease. The doctor usually prescribes this test when there is a hi...  Read Full »

What homeopathy medicines can help atherosclerosis?

Query: Hello doctor, My calcium coronary score is very high around 1800. Can you prescribe me homeopathic medicines which can effectively treat the plaque and atherosclerosis? I would prefer preparations from established medical companies. Have you heard of R12 from Dr Reckeweg? Please opine on the same t...  Read Full »

Dr. Potnuru Srinivaasa Sudhakar

Homeopathic Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Calcium coronary score (CCS) increase causes the development of coronary artery disease. It causes fatty plaque formation in the coronary artery leading to narrowing of the artery. It is also called as cardiac calcium scoring. For men, CCS has 15-year mortality ran...  Read Full »

My mom suffers with high BP and headache. Is there any heart related issue?

Query: Hi doctor, My query belongs to my mother. She is 73 years old. She is not overweight. Few days back, suddenly she felt heavy headache and after few minutes had pain in her throat. We immediately checked her BP and it was high at 180. So, she had BP medicine and after half an hour she felt normal. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I want to assure you do not worry as everything is going to be fine if proper care and treatment is opted in for. I have thoroughly gone through your case and reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and can well understand your genuine health concerns. He...  Read Full »

What are the symptoms when you have blood clots in your body?

Query: Hello doctor,What are some of the symptoms when you have blood clots in your body?  Read Full »

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pain is the most important symptom of clogged vessels. As a physician, we see different cases of clogged vessels mostly due to atherosclerosis. Obstructed vessels of the heart cause chest pain, obstructed vessels of the legs cause leg pain, and so on. For more informa...  Read Full »

What is the cause of my recurrent strokes and TIA?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 65 year old female with hypercoagulation. What is the root cause of hypercoagulation and can it be treated so the condition goes away? My fibrinogen, antithrombin III, and D Dimer are elevated and my TEG platelet mapping shows hypercoagulation. I am taking Coumadin 5 mg per day. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Smrita Singh

Pathologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Hematologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your elevated antithrombin 3 and D-dimer levels are a direct consequence of the stroke you suffered and the many TIAs. High fibrinogen levels are associated with an increased incidence of blood clots. The treatment that you are receiving currently is to prevent the ...  Read Full »

My fingertips are extremely painful. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, My fingertips feel like there are broken glasses in them, and it is getting worse. When I lay down, it is extremely painful, and if the weather is cold, it becomes unbearable. I work in construction, so this makes it impossible to work.  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand how worrisome this situation is for you. It seems the blood vessels in your fingertips are not working well. Due to lack of blood supply, it is painful. Small nerve endings in fingertips may also get involved, making it worse. Please consult your primary...  Read Full »

What is the connection between low ferritin level and thyroid?

Query: Hello doctor, I am doing research on diagnosis and treatment of mental illnesses. I have already interviewed couple of psychiatrists and now would like to focus on asking some questions to endocrinologists. My questions are: 1) “In thyroid disorders mainly in hyperthyroidism a paranoid syn...  Read Full »

Dr. Amit Arora

Cardiologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. 1) Yes, paranoid syndrome is frequently seen in association with patients having hyperthyroidism, reason being distractive over activity, anxiety, emotional instability, exaggerated insensitivity to noise, fluctuating depression and other unexplained medical symptoms. ...  Read Full »