Q. I have rupture on nose and itchy hands after bleaching. Please help.

Dr. Meha Malhotra

I have a rupture on the nose after having a bleach. I have dry skin. I also have itchy sensation on my hands, and I kept scratching, which made my hands worsen.

#

I think you may be having an atopic tendency, but to be sure and prescribe medicines, I need details. In my opinion, you need medicated daily skincare products.

If you have such dry skin, my advice is that you should avoid bleach. Also, use mild soap for a bath, followed by a good lotion. Avoid the use of besan, Multani Matti, etc.

I went for oxygen bleach 15 days ago on my face. I have a lot of tan on my face. To remove the tan, I went for bleach. After the bleach, it left some white patches on my nose area. Now my face looks uneven. I use the only sunscreen when I go out.

#

It is a really good habit that you use a sunscreen daily. It is very good for the skin, even in the long term. You can apply Flutivate (Fluticasone) cream on the white patches during the day for ten days only. For even tone, use Melaglow cream all over the face at night for a month. This will help.

For dryness, over your hands, use Venusia lotion twice daily. You may take a follow-up consultation after a month.

I have been using Futivate cream and Melaglow cream for a week now. I still see the patches on my face. No improvement. Will it take some more time? Or is there something really went wrong while taking the bleach?

#

Use Flutivate cream for another week, and Melalong (Mequinol and Tretinoin) cream you can apply for a month. The spots have lightened in comparison to your previous photo. Use a sunscreen also daily over your face. Do not worry a lot.

|