Q. Why are my eyes extremely sensitive to neon green?

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 18, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 26, 2021

I am a 26 year old male, who weighs 240 lbs and I am 6.3 feet tall. My eyes are extremely sensitive to neon green, and it is so severe that I develop physical discomfort and loss of visual acuity when exposed to large amounts of it. Why is this?

#

• Staring at lights causes bleaching of retinal receptors momentarily, so later we see an opposite colored spot. But this happens with all colors and is not specific to neons.
  • Also, sometimes a little dryness or allergic condition of the eye can cause intolerance to bright light. You can use lubricating drops like Systane ultra, after consulting your doctor.
  • But again, it is not color specific but intensity specific. Avoid staring at neon greens if it troubles you. And do not worry, as no permanent damage is expected.

For further queries consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

|