Q. Is it safe to change the dosage of heart medicines to once every two days?

Answered by Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md. and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Atrial Fibrillation or Arrhythmias? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am a 49 year old male. Five years ago, I got two stents on the left. Actually, my heart was good only 30 % block. I take Vitoryn and Aspirin until now. I started having arrhythmia two years ago. AF comes out once every one and a half months for two to four hours. When AF attacks, I cannot stand up. I feel dizzy and like I am going to faint. I only took medicines for a month that time. THree and a half months back, I started taking Cordarone 200 mg. And Xarelto 15 mg. Until now, AF never came back. I already stopped Xarelto one month ago. Can I reduce Cordarone into half or take it every two days? Two weeks ago, suddenly my entire body felt itchy and swollen for two hours, then went away by itself. Please advice.