Q. How to get rid of this attention grabbing habit?

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Dear doctor,

Thanks for this helpful website. I read an article about people who badly want to grab attention. I hated to be like them. So, I started to closely watch my acts so that I do not grab attention. With the passage of time, I found out that I like to grab attention and cannot help stop myself from doing or saying things to grab attention. I do not understand my thinking since I know this is a bad habit and at the same time, I like to do it. I know it is a contradiction and I am trying hard to get rid of this habit. My question, from a psychology point of view, is, is there such an illness that the thing you hate so much, becomes your habit and you start liking it? Or it is a desire deep inside me which was sleeping and suddenly woke up? I appreciate your effort and help. Thanks a lot.

#

Do not force yourself to hate anything. Allow yourself to express yourself. There is person's nature, under which they do attention seeking behavior. If you force yourself to hate something, it means you are constantly thinking about that particular thing. Do not think about it even to avoid anything. Even 'thinking to avoid' is also 'thinking'. So, just be yourself. Do what you want to do. There is nothing wrong unless your behavior affects or hurts someone's feelings or life. You will be the person what you are thinking. The mind does not know that you are 'thinking' to avoid. It just means you are 'thinking'. Try to find a book or videos by the name of 'The secret'. They have explained the psychology of our thinking.

So, accept yourself and stop over thinking. Enjoy life. People with cluster-B personality are attention seekers. You may be cluster-C personality. Hope you get your answer.

For more information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

|