Q. I have persistent thoughts of having committed a sexual assault. Please help me.

I was in a strip club. I had a stripper perform a lap dance. She allowed me to touch her private parts. But, she pushed my hand away when I tried to finger her and continued with the dance as if this was not a problem. I have talked with a number of mental health specialists who have told me it was not sexual assault. But, I feel like it was.

Dr.Radhakrishnan Nair B
MBBS., DA., DGO., TRAINING IN ANDROLOGY., TRAINING IN SEXOLOGY
Obstetrics And Gynaecology, Sexology

• So, what is bothering you? Is it the complaints from her side or the suspicions about acquiring sexually transmitted diseases

Feel free to ask your doubts with more details.

Revert with more information to a sexologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

I am not worried about her complaining. I have OCD and feel like I committed a sexual assault. I have spoken with some online counselors, all of them but one said it was not sexual assault. An MD I spoke to the other night said it was an occupational hazard for this woman. My therapist who I spoke to yesterday said I did not commit any sexual assault. But, I am having a persistent thought that I committed a sexual assault. She never complained to me or the security at the club, which tells me she did not think it was sexual assault. But, I am wondering if I committed one.

Dr.Radhakrishnan Nair B
Obstetrics And Gynaecology, Sexology

• As long as she has no complaints, you need not be worrying. What happened is over and it was in a strip club where such incidents do happen. It did not happen in any other formal event. So, you need not worry.
  • There is no point in worrying about what happened in the past. Hope you get my point.
  • Be positive and learn to pass it off and move ahead.

Best wishes.

For further queries consult a sexologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

* expert medical advice guaranteed.

Ask a Sexologist »
* expert medical advice guaranteed.