Get E-Book on COVID-19

Q. I have persistent thoughts of having committed a sexual assault. Please help me.

Answered by
Dr. Radhakrishnan Nair B
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 13, 2017

Hello doctor,

I was in a strip club. I had a stripper perform a lap dance. She allowed me to touch her private parts. But, she pushed my hand away when I tried to finger her and continued with the dance as if this was not a problem. I have talked with a number of mental health specialists who have told me it was not sexual assault. But, I feel like it was.

Dr. Radhakrishnan Nair B

Obstetrics And Gynaecology Sexology


Welcome to

  • So, what is bothering you? Is it the complaints from her side or the suspicions about acquiring sexually transmitted diseases

Feel free to ask your doubts with more details.

Revert with more information to a sexologist online -->

Was this answer helpful?


Thank you doctor,

I am not worried about her complaining. I have OCD and feel like I committed a sexual assault. I have spoken with some online counselors, all of them but one said it was not sexual assault. An MD I spoke to the other night said it was an occupational hazard for this woman. My therapist who I spoke to yesterday said I did not commit any sexual assault. But, I am having a persistent thought that I committed a sexual assault. She never complained to me or the security at the club, which tells me she did not think it was sexual assault. But, I am wondering if I committed one.

Dr. Radhakrishnan Nair B

Obstetrics And Gynaecology Sexology


Welcome back to

  • As long as she has no complaints, you need not be worrying. What happened is over and it was in a strip club where such incidents do happen. It did not happen in any other formal event. So, you need not worry.
  • There is no point in worrying about what happened in the past. Hope you get my point.
  • Be positive and learn to pass it off and move ahead.

Best wishes.

For further queries consult a sexologist online -->

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
Suffering from OCD(Obsessive Compulsive Disorder). Taking medicines, but I do not feel completely good. Please help.
Generalized Anxiety Disorder(GAD)
Can anxiety and stress cause frequent urination?
Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

Can fingering after touching the penis tip cause pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor,I and my fiancee were doing foreplay and I touched my penis and then fingered her (my hands are slightly wet) but I touched only penis skin, not tip and did not ejaculate at that time. Then I ejaculated on her butt and then I wiped off the sperm with a towel. Is there a chance of pregna...  Read Full »

Can my OCD get cured with lower dose of medicine?

Query: Hi doctor, I have brain lesion in the left temporal lobe size 0.9 mm as found in brain MRI. I had seizure twice two years ago. I am also suffering from OCD. Fluoxetine 40 mg has been very effective in treating OCD, but caused memory problem, speech problem and lack of concentration. When can I lower...  Read Full »

Why do I have vaginal pain after fingering?

Query: Hi, I was fingering my pussy, now it is burning a lot and I feel like scratching it. Please help.  Read Full »

Also Read

Can naked body to body massage spread HIV?
Hello doctor, I recently had some business trip during which I had some naked body to body massage wherein massager vag...  Read more»
Are COVID-19 Patients Infectious for up to 90 Days After Recovery?
There have been reports of recovered COVID-19 patients getting reinfected and testing positive for almost 3 months. Read...  Read more»
Crohn's Disease
Crohn's disease causes inflammation of the digestive tract, which results in symptoms like severe diarrhea, stomach pain...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Sexologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.