Auditory Hallucinations

Why do I hear two months old sounds in my ears? Is alcohol the reason?

Query: Hi, I have been using headphones in only one ear for a few months. Yesterday I started hearing some sounds from two months ago. It felt like I was trying to catch up with my present-day sound. I think that I hear these sounds at certain frequencies. Since I work in a lot of meetings, so I picked up ...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay B K

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.I read your query and understand your concern.I would like to know a few more details regarding your complaints-1. Are you trying to say that your one year is working better than another?2. Do you feel that there is a mismatch in the sounds you receive from both ears? 3....  Read Full »

Is auditory hallucination a sign of psychosis?

Query: Hi doctor, I just experienced the first auditory hallucination of my life. An infomercial inside my head where one voice speaks like advertising and another sings a slogan repeatedly. This was not something from my memory. It is not even a real company. When plugging my ears, it got even louder. I ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. As of now, I do not think it is a hallucination. If you had some perception issue, you would not complain about this. Insight is absent in psychosis. You are yourself trying to find a reason. This could be due to severe anxiety due to sleep d...  Read Full »

I hear voices in my head that command unusual things. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor,Good day, I would like to seek some help regarding my situation. I hear some voices in my head telling me to do certain things that are unusual. I face some consequences that make me feel exaggerated when I am not able to do so. Even though part of me knows that these consequences are too ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Dear, Thanks for using icliniq. I read your query and understand your concerns. First of all, I would like to inform you that this is unlikely to be a normal phenomenon since it happened on multiple occasions and existing even after years of onset despite having br...  Read Full »

What could be the cause for my various neurological problems?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 29-year-old female. I am an occasional drinker and social smoker (pack a week). Until the last 4 years, I jumped from career to career due to the inability to perform duties. No prior surgeries or diagnoses other than EDS (idiopathic hypersomnia) at the age of 23. I take multi ...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Abaz Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read carefully your question and would explain that your situation seems to be really complex. Coming to this point, I would recommend checking some blood lab tests: 1. Vitamin B12 and D plasma levels for possible deficiency. 2. Thyroid hormone levels for po...  Read Full »

I hear everything loudly. Am I schizophrenic?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 45-year-old female. I heard everything loud for 10 years straight car engines, water faucets, alarm systems, crickets, and television. I heard a buzzing noise too. I am diagnosed as schizophrenia, borderline intellectual function, auditory hallucinations, hyperacusis in both ea...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you have auditory hallucinations regularly then the dose of Risperdal (Risperidone) or Abilify (Aripiprazole) needs to be increased so that these can be controlled or you have to change to other drug like Clozapine can be tried. Clozapine is a reserved drug for treat...  Read Full »

How to help my schizophrenic mother to get rid of her hallucinations and violent screams?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother has paranoia schizophrenia for the past 16 years. The delusions have become very absurd and in her story, her immediate family is the culprit. She has very vivid auditory hallucinations and sometimes visual hallucinations. She has refused to see a doctor as she believes they...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is quite difficult to manage such issues when patient refuses to take the drug. However, nowadays Depot injections are available and their effect lasts up to four weeks. So talk to your psychiatrist regarding the injection. Once she is put on a monthly injection the...  Read Full »

My 25-year-old daughter is having hallucination and under treatment for depression. How to get it treated?

Query: Hello doctor, My adult child, 25 years old, was admitted to a psychiatric hospital for depression and suicidal thoughts. She had therapy for several years. However, when visiting tonight, she mentioned voices and hallucinations. I was taken back bc she never mentioned that before. The nurse said it...  Read Full »

Dr. Venkat Heijebu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can certainly understand your concern. I have worked through your attached query in detail. Hallucinations like hearing voices can be a feature of severe depression. They can occur if depression progresses through higher grades. It does not imply that you have missed...  Read Full »

I feel like somebody else is there within me and cannot concentrate on my studies. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I feel like somebody else is there within me. I am feeling like this because some words are coming in mind like somebody is saying within me. These words are horrible and hurt me a lot. And things are being done which I do not want to do in mind without my control. Time after time, prob...  Read Full »

Dr. Ruhi Satija

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You might be having hallucinations (auditory) which happen due to imbalance in your brain neurotransmitters. It is a good thing that you can understand at an early stage that this is not normal, first treatment gives better results. I would suggest meeting a psychiat...  Read Full »

My daughter has autism and under medication, but her hallucinations are not controlled. What should be done?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is 12 years old, and she always showed a great deal of anxiety started having a lot of school refusal during 5th grade, so we took her to see a psychiatrist who ultimately diagnosed her with high functioning autism and started her on a Lexapro. School refusal continued, bu...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is common for adolescents with high functioning autism (HFA) to experience high levels of anxiety, especially when they are pushed outside their comfort zone. Many go on to develop hallucinatory experiences like hearing critical voices at this stage when they stru...  Read Full »

An old patient hears some voice continuously which others cannot hear. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, My father aged 83 years is physically healthy but he is hearing some of the old friends sound continuously which we cannot hear, for 10 days. So, kindly give us some advice as soon as possible.  Read Full »

Dr. Saraswat Kumarshri Shriniwas

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This symptom of hearing things when there is no sound is known as an auditory hallucination. At his age, there could be a number of causes of the same as: 1. A stroke which has affected the blood supply of the part of the brain responsible for hearing. This is likel...  Read Full »