Does heaviness in the left side of my chest after eating junk food suggest a heart problem?

Q. Why do I feel heaviness in the left side of my chest after eating junk food?

Dr. Saumya Mittal
This is a premium question & answer published on May 21, 2022 and last reviewed on: Jun 07, 2023

Hello, doctor,

I have gas issues, and the left side of my chest has felt heavy for two days. It occurs after taking dinner. I feel like gas is trapped. It is very uncomfortable and scary. I took Ganaton gas medicine, but it is not working. Please help.

#

I understand your concern.

Gastritis can cause these issues. I suggest you the following-

1. Pantop 40 (Pantoprazole) tablet twice a day.

2. Syrup Gaviscon (Sodium Alginate, Sodium Bicarbonate, and Calcium Carbonate) two teaspoons thrice a day.

3Test an electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG) and Dobutamine stress echocardiogram (DSE) test. A cardiac call is indicated at least once if left chest pain persists. In addition, I suggest you visit an emergency room for injections as it might be helpful.

You must avoid spices, oils, fats, and beverages. Also, avoid stress.

Thank you, doctor,

I did an echo and ECG a few months back. The reports were good. My chest does not feel pain, but it feels heaviness after eating junk food. Why always the pain appears on the left side of the chest?

#

I understand your concern.

I suggest you avoid junk food.

Gastritis usually causes left-sided chest pain.

|