Q. Can I give Cyp L drops to baby for better sleep?

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

My daughter is 50 days old. Can I give her Cyp L drops to my baby? If yes, what is the dosage? My baby is not sleeping well, so please suggest.

#

Cyp L drops (Cyproheptadine, Tricholine Citrate, and Sorbitol) is used to increase appetite and has side-effect of sleepiness. It is not used for putting a child to sleep. And I would not recommend giving this drops to a 50-day old child. Children below the age of 6 months stay awake at night and sleep throughout the day which is why you feel the child is not sleeping well. But, it is normal. So, do not worry.

For more information consult a child health specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/child-health-specialist

| 
1 out of 1 likes