Q. My 25 months old daughter has disturbed sleep and loss of appetite. Please help.

Dr. Samir Bhatia
This is a premium question & answer published on May 04, 2020 and last reviewed on: Mar 30, 2021

I have a 25-month-old girl. She has discomfort at sleep for a couple of days. She has lost her appetite. I am checking her symptoms and signs regularly. Her body temperature is normal around 34 degrees but sometimes her hands are hot. She has got all her vaccines. During the daytime, she feels bored and cries without a reason or feels discomfort with her toys. Due to the pandemic, I am unable to take her to a pediatrician. Please help.

#

I understand your concern regarding your child. This behavior is normal. As the child grows, he or she needs more attention. Try to keep her more playful. Try to engage in activities with her daily. Try to give food to her. Restrict giving milk and give it once a day. Try to make food as she likes. Sweeten her food to make it more palatable. Give her good healthy food with sugar or ghee. At this age, there is no need to restrict any diet. Reward her for eating her food completely. Give her a separate plate for eating.

|