Loss Of Appetite

Are loss of appetite and depression related?

Query: Hello doctor, I am on psychiatric medication since two to three years, but found no improvement. I have started exercise such as walking, yoga and pranayama and found some relief. I become depressed more when I read about depression on internet. My main issue now is loss of appetite, headache when f...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Udey

Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Loss of appetite is a blanket symptom which can be present in any of the psychiatric illness including depression. In major depressive disorder, loss of appetite is associated with sadness of mood, decreased energy level, easy fatigability, loss of interest in...  Read Full »

How can I increase my body weight?

Query: Hello doctor, I want to increase my body weight. I have a loss of appetite. I am staying in a hostel. I am 23 years old. Now I am only 42 kg. Before four years I was 51 kg. I do not get milk, fish.  Read Full »

Dr. Hariharan V

Diabetologist, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you say, the loss of weight and appetite is because of less availability of foods you like. Eat an egg every day. Cook it any way you like, do not eat raw egg. Eat less spicy and oily foods, it may cause gastritis and cause you loss of appetite. Are you sleeping well...  Read Full »

I am experiencing dry cough, internal body shaking, and loss of appetite. What am I going through?

Query: Hello doctor, I am experiencing a dry cough, and feel like my body is shaking internally without visibly seeing the shaking. I sometimes feel like I am running out of breath. I can feel my heart beat. I am also being forgetful and lack mental clarity. I have significantly lost my appetite. Please h...  Read Full »

Dr. Archana

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. All your blood and ECG reports are normal. If I were a treating physician, then I would have given you a full antibiotic course like Amoxicillin Clavulanic acid preparation like Augmentin for five to seven days depending on your body weight. Kindly get the prescripti...  Read Full »

I have tightness in my chest, with no appetite, and nauseous the whole time. What might it be?

Query: Hello doctor, I have always had problems with my mental health and self-harm, but I never went to an actual professional. I left an appointment, but it is next month because I decided to go to my hometown, thinking it would make me feel better to be around people. But now I feel really sad, and I h...  Read Full »

Dr. Arooj Najmussaqib

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you have mentioned that you had problems regarding your mental health, though you did not clarify or shared any related symptoms that what kind of questions you experience. Also, self-harm is an extreme reaction of emotions that resulted due to either depressiv...  Read Full »

I am suffering from hair loss, loss of appetite and dysentery. Please suggest remedy.

Query: Hello doctor, I have been recently suffering from hair loss, loss of appetite, and two to three times motion (soft kind of motion) in a day. I have added my blood test report for reference. Please suggest some remedy.  Read Full »

Dr. Aditi Gupta Jha

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have a liver problem that is causing these gastroenterology issues. You may also have a deficiency of specific vitamins and zinc, which is due to malabsorption in your gut and makes hair fall worse. These could be due to the high bilirubin in your liver p...  Read Full »

Can Chymoral forte be taken during pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, Is it safe to take Chymoral Forte once daily for three days in pregnancy?  Read Full »

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Chymorol forte (Trypsin-Chymotrypsin) does not have very much research data in pregnancy but it should be avoided in pregnancy as it could be fibrinolytic. It is an anti-inflammatory used to treat pain and inflammation and to have a speedy recovery. It can give side ef...  Read Full »

I have hemorrhoids with bleeding and loss of appetite. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, Over the last year, I had been having a lot of rectal issues, hemorrhoids about every 2 to 3 months, last about 2 to 5 days with use of over-the-counter cream. I have had spotting blood after going and the blood has been getting worse over time, yesterday there was more blood then any...  Read Full »

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concerns. Hemorrhoids is classified into four stages according to the lump protruded from the anal opening. The first two are medically treated, the third conservative treatment is tried first then surgical, the fourth stage is surgical. So can you de...  Read Full »

How to help an alcoholic?

Query: Hi doctor, This is query is about my brother-in-law, who is 38 year old now. He got married before seven years and has a child aged 6 years. He is working in a reputed company. He drinks a lot. Over the last few months, especially last fortnight onward he kept on threatening my sister that he will ...  Read Full »

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia

General Practitioner, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.First, answer a few questions, so I would be able to come with some diagnosis. Does his behavior changes suddenly? How was he before that? Let me know if he shows symptoms like an increase in activity, energy and speech productivity. How are his sleep and appetite? D...  Read Full »

Will antibiotics help to improve IBS?

Query: Hello doctor,My mother is now 55 years and has been suffering from irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) for over a year. Her condition was not so bad before. She was diagnosed with intestinal disease and was given some antibiotics like Flagyl or Metronidazole. After she took those pills for a month, she h...  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I can understand your concern. As you told that your mother had IBS (irritable bowel syndrome), I want to tell you that antibiotics are not the treatment for IBS. Probiotics ca...  Read Full »

Why is the patient not eating properly after angioplasty?

Query: Hi doctor, My dad had gone through angioplasty a couple of weeks ago. He is not at all feeling hungry. At maximum, he is eating an apple a day. Due to this, he is feeling so low and worried. Hence I asked him to stop taking medicines for a day. Please guide what could be the reason. He is a diabeti...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

Cardiologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is normal after surgery, angioplasty and any other procedure to have lessened appetite for a few days to weeks. This is because of stress and anxiety. Just be relax and live a normal life. And never stop medicines even for a single day. The stent will get blocked and...  Read Full »