Q. What should I do when my three and a half-month-old baby has loose motion?

Dr. Prashant Kumar Singh

My 3 and a half-month-old baby is suffering from loose motion. I am giving Enterogermina, but it is not working. She does potty all the time after feeding. What can be done?

Dr. Prashant Kumar Singh

Child Health Paediatrics Pediatric Allergy/Asthma Specialist
#

Since your baby is just 3 and a half-month-old, I wanted to know whether the child is exclusively breastfed or on any formula milk. If the child is on breast milk, then there is no issue, but if the child is on any formula milk, then there is a chance of contamination leading to stomach infection. Generally, it takes five to ten days for this to settle, meanwhile continue Enterogermina (Bacillus Clausii) and add some Zinc supplement also. It will settle slowly.

|