Q. What can be done for fever of 101 with green color vomitings in a baby?

Dr. Vishal Parmar

My kid is 4 years old (baby girl) and weighs around 14 kg. She has fever of 101 from last evening followed by vomitings and motions. She is vomiting green color fluid and passing stool of same color, we have given her Calpol 250 mg 4 ml doses twice from yestday for every six hours. Should we give her Vomita medicine? Or continue with Calpol?

Dr. Vishal Parmar

Child Health Paediatrics
#

Based on your history, I can suggest please go to pediatrician urgently. May be need to do abdominal sonogram because green color vomiting is unsual in 4 years old children, sometimes there may be lying some intestine problem like obstruction. I am not making you scared but informing you regarding possible urgency.

You can give Calpol every six hourly. For vomiting, you can give syrup Ondansetron 5 ml three times a day for three days. Give ORS to prevent dehydration. I am not giving you full prescription because I want you to visit pediatrician and get herself checked first.

Ultrasound abdominal.

|