Q. Is it advisable to give Paracetamol with Dolowin Plus to a child for fever?

Dr. Deepak Patel

My daughter has a fever for the last two days. She has tonsils. The doctor has given half Dolowin Plus twice a day and Ziprax 100 DT twice a day. Yesterday she had 103 fever. Fever does not come down by Dolowin Plus. So I gave Meftal P 100 mg. But in the night and the day she did not have fever. But now again she has 102.4 fever. Can I give PCM with Dolowin Plus?

#

I can understand your concerns. Dolowin plus has already got Paracetamol in it so there is no need to give Paracetamol with Dolowin plus. You can give Dolowin plus every four hourly if fever persists. If there is a fever in spite of giving it, then cold sponging of the child should be done. If fever persists then Widal test and malaria antigen test and complete blood count should be done.

|