Diaper Rash

What are the causes of high fever and vomiting in babies?

Query: Hi doctor,I am asking a query for my son. He is ten months old. He is taking mixed feed with breastfeeding and formula milk. He takes Cerelac also. He is experiencing a high fever of 39.9 degree celsius and vomiting for the past two days. He has diaper rashes on sensitive private areas. His poop is ...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.As your child is having a high temperature, he needs physical examination immediately. Kindly consult a pediatrician for having a physical examination and do blood investigations like CBC (complete blood count) and CRP (C-reactive protein) to rule out the cause. Physical ex...  Read Full »

What is the treatment given for the 13-month-old child for diaper rash and pooping in less quantity?

Query: My daughter is 13.5 months old. For last four days she has diaper rashes. This is the first time she is getting rashes. From yesterday I am using Benzalkonium & Zinc skin cream (happynap). Now rashes reduced. Normally my daughter was pooped 2 or 3 times daily. But for These past four days she is...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Answer: Please note that it is less likely the child has got loos motions because you gave chicken. Instead the child may be having loose motions because of some infection. Please reduce milk intake during this time to increase recovery rate. Also you can continue giving rice kanji. I would advise to give ...  Read Full »

There are rashes in baby for the past one week. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have noticed rashes in baby since last week. I have applied Sudocream as advised by a doctor. I have also changed the nappy brand. But now there are small bumps on the back too. Here is the photo from one week and today.  Read Full »

Dr. Veerabhadrudu Kuncham

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand the situation you are facing with your child. Baby diaper rash is one of the most common problems encountered with the babies. Keep the private areas dry, clean and hygienic. Clean up soon after baby passes stool. Do not allow moisture to build up in di...  Read Full »

Why has my baby developed a red ring around the anus?

Query: Hello doctor, This is for my 22 days old baby girl. In the last 2 days she has developed some red coloured rash in the area surrounding the anus area. She feels irritated while passing stools. I have attached the picture of the same. Please advise.  Read Full »

Dr. Srinivas Gunda

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have viewed the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). This is called diaper rash, commonly called the nappy rash. If no loose stools are happening at present, this is a nappy rash. This is common in infants who wear diapers for daily use and without...  Read Full »

My baby has developed redness around the perianal area due to usage of diapers. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,My baby has developed redness around the perianal area. We have been traveling for the last two days, and hence, the usage of the diaper was more. My husband has developed a fungal infection, and he is on antifungal. He avoids touching the baby. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Parmar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If possible, please avoid diapers. Apply easy nappy or rash free ointment around the anal area in thick layer three to four times a day. Apply candid cream twice a day around the anal and groin area.  Read Full »

Why does my 3 month old baby cry for half an hour every night?

Query: Hello doctor, My 3 month old baby cries every night for about half an hour before she sleeps. Is this normal? What might be the reason?  Read Full »

Dr. Sirisha

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is a common complaint in newborn babies and infants. Is your baby is feeding well and has good weight? Does she have normal stools and urination? Is there any other health concern? The common causes of frequent crying in infants could be the following: ...  Read Full »

Is noisy breathing in newborn an alarming symptom?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 50 days old now. Her birth weight is 2.9 kg and her current weight is 4.2 kg approximately. At the time of her birth it was noticed that, some type of snoring noise suddenly arose with her breathing. Child specialist suggested me that nothing to worry about as it will go of...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Patel

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your question and listened the recordings (attachment removed to protect patient identity) in detail. By listening to the audio, it seems to be laryngomalacia. In laryngomalacia, the muscles of larynx are weak and so the child makes this type of noisy sounds d...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for an infant with a rash on his genitals?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 2 months and 15 days old. He has a rash on his genitals and his pubic area that looks like scabies or a fungal infection. Please advice for quick recovery. We are using EziNapi cream for diaper rash. But it is not looking like a diaper rash. It may be some infection. Please ...  Read Full »

Dr. Baratu Bhaisara

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, looking at the image (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it is less likely a diaper rash. Usually, a diaper rash involves more of perianal region. It is less likely scabies if other parts of the body are not involved or no family history of scabie...  Read Full »

I am 88 and the fecal matter comes out of my vagina. What are my options?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 88 yrs old. I have a rectal or vaginal fissure I guess. The fecal matter comes out of my vagina. Sometimes, I have a regular movement but still have a liquid form from the vagina. I do not want surgery. What can I expect for the short term of life I probably have left, if I do n...  Read Full »

Dr. Sujata Mittal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is very sad to know about your condition. I can understand that at the age of 88 years, how you feel and suffer. But foremost, you need to get examined by your gynecologist. If it is a rectovaginal fistula, the only way to provide relief is by a minor surgery ...  Read Full »