Q. Lower back pain starts two to three hours after sleeping. Is it serious?

My wife (29 years old, feeding 8 months baby) has been suffering from severe lower back pain especially during the late night for past two months. The strange thing is that the pain is very mild in the daytime but severe in the night with a headache. She does not have any other symptoms like weakness or tingling or burning sensation in arms or legs. She only has a headache with this pain. The pain starts two to three hours after sleeping. I am very much worried about spinal tumors and cancer. Please help me in this. She has lost weight after delivery. During pregnancy, it was 65 kg but now it is around 55 kg.

Critical Care Physician Diabetology General Medicine Internal Medicine Medical Gastroenterology Nephrology Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors) Rheumatology
#

Such back pains are usually due to the strain in the lower back, that could be due to wrong postures, calcium and vitamin D deficiency. Now, since she has night pains, it is very important to rule out any pathological fracture, nerve compression, or tuberculosis of the spine. I would recommend you the following investigations:

1. MRI LS (lumbar spine).
  2. Serum calcium and vitamin D 25-hydroxy levels.

Review to me with the reports.

For more information consult a neurologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/neurologist

| 

I have attached the files. Kindly review and tell us what it is.

#

So, her MRI is fine (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The only thing that is to do is to give her Calcium and Vitamin D supplements.

|