Q. Can I take Gaba plus tablet for lower back pain?

Dr. Lokesh

I had driven the car for almost 1700 km in the five days duration. From last week onwards I am getting lower back pain on the right side. Today I visited the local orthopedic. They suggested to use ECT Forte tablet twice a day and Gaba plus containing Gabapentin 400 mg and dosage is one tablet after dinner. Is that Gaba plus tablet safe to use for lower back pain? Kindly suggest.

Dr. Lokesh

Orthopedics And Traumatology Spine Health Spine Surgery
#

Yes, Gabapentin is pretty safe. The usual side effects are that you might get some dizziness for the first 2 to 3 times that you took the tablet. Also, nausea and vomiting are other common side effects. But overall it is a safe tablet to take. So, I would advise you to continue the treatment. You would also need some physiotherapy once the pain settles down.

| 

Shall I continue Ect Forte and Gaba plus as per my doctor suggested dosage? Will Gaba plus tablet reduce the pain?

Dr. Lokesh

#

Yes, you should continue. Both the tablets reduce pain by a different mechanism and pathway.

|