Q. Can I take Gaba plus tablet for lower back pain?

Dr. Lokesh
Published on Mar 11, 2019

I had driven the car for almost 1700 km in the five days duration. From last week onwards I am getting lower back pain on the right side. Today I visited the local orthopedic. They suggested to use ECT Forte tablet twice a day and Gaba plus containing Gabapentin 400 mg and dosage is one tablet after dinner. Is that Gaba plus tablet safe to use for lower back pain? Kindly suggest.

Dr. Lokesh

Orthopedics And Traumatology Spine Health Spine Surgery
#

Yes, Gabapentin is pretty safe. The usual side effects are that you might get some dizziness for the first 2 to 3 times that you took the tablet. Also, nausea and vomiting are other common side effects. But overall it is a safe tablet to take. So, I would advise you to continue the treatment. You would also need some physiotherapy once the pain settles down.

Shall I continue Ect Forte and Gaba plus as per my doctor suggested dosage? Will Gaba plus tablet reduce the pain?

Dr. Lokesh

#

Yes, you should continue. Both the tablets reduce pain by a different mechanism and pathway.

Had cervical polypectomy and experiencing back pain. Will it subside in time?

Query: Hi doctor, I had cervical polypectomy and was told to expect brown discharge. Now experiencing cramping, minor bleeding, vinegar smell, and severe back pain, to the point that I am dizzy and nauseous. A couple of days earlier had a bunch of discharge that looked like dark reddish and orangish skin....  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is normal to experience reddish brown discharge for 4-5 days post cervical polypectomy, but it should not cause any back pain per se unless there has been a secondary infection or vaginitis or bacterial vaginosis which is quite likely with vinegar smell. Flagyl (Met...  Read Full

Why is my son put on Paroxetine in spite of having bad withdrawals previously?

Query: Hello doctor, My 28 year old son is being treated for bipolar disorder and depression. He has been on and off antidepressants since he was 16 years old due to high anxiety issues. He just started with 50 mg Serquiler one to two tablets at night, 600 mg Gabapentin thrice a day, 20 mg Paxil once a day...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Seroquel (Quetiapine) and Oxcarbazine (Oxcarbazepine) are indicated in bipolar disorder as both have mood stabilizing properties. Paxil (Paroxetine) and Gabapentine (Gabapentin) are used in anxiety or depression. As you mentioned that Paxil was used in the highest...  Read Full

Ask an Orthopaedician & Traumatologist Now