Q. I have back pain even after having treatments and medications. KIndly advice.

Dr. Karthic Babu Natarajan
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 04, 2019 and last reviewed on: Oct 15, 2020

I am suffering from back pain for the past three years sciatica. Treatment and medicine do not reduce my pain. MRI report l4, l5, and S1 bulge excise physiotherapy did not reduce my pain now I am taking only Vitamin and Calcium tablets only. Sitting increases my pain radiating in my left leg. I am consulting a lot of doctors but still not solve my problems.

#

I saw your query regarding our disc prolapse resulting in back pain radiating down the legs. I need to ascertain this after examining you and looking at your MRI films. Once confirmed, you will get relief from a selective nerve root injection, along with physical therapy and lifestyle changes. Sciatica is relatively straight forward to treat with pain injections in most situations.

MRI.

Diagnosis is confirmed with lumbar spine MRI.

Disc Prolapse L4-5, L5-S1.

Selective nerve root Injections (under fluoroscopic guidance) is most likely.

Avoid bending forward and lifting weights, jerky long-distance travel, Strenuous work.

|