Disc Prolapse

Why is my sister having pain in head?

Query: Hello doctor, Kindly go through the MRI report of my sister. She is experiencing pain in head. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The MRI scan report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) is of the cervical spine. She has a disc bulge in the cervical spine due to which there will be pain in the neck and the upper limbs. Pain in the upper limbs may or may not be associated with tingli...  Read Full »

What does uncovertebral hypertrophy in C5 and C6 mean?

Query: Hi doctor, I would just like to have my MRI reports in layman's term. At C3-C4 there is mild bulging of the annulus fibrosis. The facet joints and uncovertebral joints appear normal. At C4-C5 there is degenerative disc disease with disc space narrowing. There is a broad-based focal disc protrusion...  Read Full »

Dr. Chirag Solanki

General Surgeon, Neuro Surgeon, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to your MRI (attachment removed to protect patient identity), you have undergone surgery at the level of C6-C7, which are the 6th and 7th bones of the spine in the neck. At the level of C5-C6, due to disc protrusion and joint thickening, the space around the ner...  Read Full »

MRI says Posterocentral protrusion of L4-5 disc is abutting the L5 nerve root bilaterally What does this mean?

Query: Hi, I am a 32 year old male. My MRI report says: "Posterocentral protrusion of L4-5 disc is abutting the L5 nerve root bilaterally". (In MRI it is black between L4-5 and kind of poking the nerve). My back pains occasionally and I think it is the nerve which is hurting, because the pain is like a ...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am not sure of your neck symptoms as the neck has nothing to do with your lower back and from your description it is not clear if you have any leg symptoms or bladder symptoms. However I need to see your MRI scan to be able to make a judgment on the further managemen...  Read Full »

Can disc prolapse cause neck and back pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I have neck pain and back pain. Allopathy says I have disc prolapse and pinched nerve but Ayurvedic doctor said nothing. He has suggested Gorochanadi Guggulu tablet. I am afraid of taking this medicine. Please give me suggestions.  Read Full »

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Neck and back pain mostly occurs due to disc prolapse, disc compression, etc. It happens due to injuries, sitting and laying in the wrong posture. In this condition needs Basti therapy along with oral medicines. Gorochanadi Gutika is mostly used in respiratory disorders...  Read Full »

Why do I have severe pain in the left leg after lifting a heavy object?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a diagnosis of disc herniation. I have done an MRI. I have severe pain in the left leg. I have this problem for the past two months. It got started before four months when I lifted a heavy box. I have a sharp pain. After two months, it became normal. After a month, it came back su...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Yes, you have a large paracentral disc prolapse on the left side. I cannot say about the level involved as you have not sent a sagittal section. If you have the symptoms matching with t...  Read Full »

Does lower back pain from lifting weights indicate a disc problem?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old male. My height is 177 cm, weight 63 kg. I have started workout since six months. I felt lower back pain while lifting weights. Is it a disc problem?  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are chances of disc prolapse if the following conditions are associated with the lower back pain: If the lower back pain has been there for more than six weeks. If there is any radiation of pain to the leg. If there is any associated numbness in the leg. ...  Read Full »

Is my back pain, a nerve problem?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having pain in my right side lower back only if I bend or try to wear my trouser. Also, it is there if I am standing and trying to raise my leg. Even while walking I feel little pain. If I lie in bed or stand straight, then there is no pain. What is the reason and what medicine ca...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are three possibilities for your pain. It could be one out of these three conditions or a combination of them. Intervertebral disc prolapse. Lumbar canal stenosis. Para vertebral muscle spasm or lower back strain or lumbago (low back pain). If the pain in the low...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest medicines to minimize the muscle and nerve tightening and any new effective medicine for ankylosing spondylitis.

Query: Hello doctor, Seven years ago, I was affected by ankylosing spondylitis (HLA-B27 positive) (RF negative). And then after a year, I was affected by pulmonary tuberculosis (TB lungs). Tuberculosis was controlled within months and I continued taking medication for ankylosing spondylitis. And then f...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Following are the answers for your queries: Get an  MRI LS spine done, to see for any disc prolapse as the pain you are describing along with tingling sensation is seen in disc prolapse only. A combination of Pregabalin and Methylcobalamine will help you in neuropathy pa...  Read Full »

Could you tell me the underlying cause for sciatica?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been recently diagnosed with sciatica. I have some difficulty in walking. I am having Tramadol and Paracetamol for pain relief but they are not helping much. Could you tell me the underlying cause? Will I require a walking aid?  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com. As you must be aware by now, sciatica is a term used when a person experiences radiating leg pain due to some pressure on the nerves. Assessment will include intensity of back pain, intensity of leg pain, the distance you walk without any requirement of analgesic and d...  Read Full »

How can I rule out ALS?

Query: Hi doctor, About five weeks ago, I started feeling some weakness in my left leg. I have consulted my family doctor and a neurologist. All physical tests showed no actual weakness. There were no other clinical signs and the reflexes were also normal. There is no activity or movement that I cannot do....  Read Full »

Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The various symptoms you have described are due to L5-S1 moderate broad left paracentral disc protrusion mildly distorted the anterior aspect of the thecal sac and abutting without displacing the traversing nerve roots. When a disc prolapses and compresses the spinal c...  Read Full »