Disc Prolapse

I get cold legs during sleep. Could this be Raynaud's?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 50-year-old female. I have a history of back spasms, disk degeneration of lower back and cervical issues. I probably had Raynaud (could hands/feet) all through life. I had an issue on lower right side sciatica type pain traveling through lower back down back of the leg to th...  Read Full »

Dr. Anuj Gupta

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First tell me, what you do and how much physical activity you have in your daily routine?  Read Full »

Kindly suggest a treatment plan based on my MRI.

Query: Hi doctor, This is in regard to my mother. She is 51 years old. Her weight is 112 kg. She has severe pain in the lumbar spine till her bottom and not the legs. She had done an MRI of her spine earlier and got detected with slipped discs. Recently, she did another MRI of her brain and whole screening...  Read Full »

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through all the data posted (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I would like to keep my answer as simple as possible so that you can understand easily. Regarding MRI brain, why MRI brain was done? On what suspicion doctor has advised MRI brai...  Read Full »

I am 14, and I have lower back pain. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 14 years old. I wonder whether she has herniated disc. Because, she has all the symptoms except the numbness in legs and feet. It hurts in the lower part of my back. Usually a herniated disc is from sports injury and heavy lifting. But, she recently have not had any sports ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Let us analyze different reasons for back pain of her age. The most important is a back sprain rather than a disc prolapse. We also have to make sure that your daughter is not suffering from urinary tract infection. It would be nice to know if she has any symptoms of ...  Read Full »

MRI says Posterocentral protrusion of L4-5 disc is abutting the L5 nerve root bilaterally What does this mean?

Query: Hi, I am a 32 year old male. My MRI report says: Posterocentral protrusion of L4-5 disc is abutting the L5 nerve root bilaterally. (In MRI it is black between L4-5 and kind of poking the nerve). My back pains occasionally and I think it is the nerve which is hurting, because the pain is like a s...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am not sure of your neck symptoms as the neck has nothing to do with your lower back and from your description it is not clear if you have any leg symptoms or bladder symptoms. However I need to see your MRI scan to be able to make a judgment on the further managemen...  Read Full »

Please give a diagnosis and treatment plan based on my MRI.

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from acute lower back pain for the last five days. Now I am getting better with medications and bed rest. This severe and acute pain happens every six to nine months since the last four years. It knocks me out for three to four days. On a regular basis, I have lower back st...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your MRI report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have disc prolapse at two levels which is causing compression of nerves at those levels resulting in pain and recurrence of symptoms every few months. More than the report, MRI images are re...  Read Full »

Is arm numbness a symptom of cervical disc bulge?

Query: Hi doctor, My right arm is numb from the elbow to the wrist and sometime I feel like getting electric shock inside. About 29 years ago, I got my C4/C5 lower disc removed. I have neck and back pain too and for which I am taking Lyrica now. I had an MRI and the report is as follows. Tight cervical sp...  Read Full »

Dr. Piyush Jakal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your complaints it is clear that you are suffering from prolapsed intervertebral disc in cervical region. The prolapsed disc is compressing your spinal nerve roots of arm. I request you to kindly attach MRI images. Most likely it appears from your symptoms that you w...  Read Full »

How to stop demyelination?

Query: Hi doctor, This query is regarding my dad. He has been limping for a year now. He is a construction worker and about two years ago he accidentally fell down from the first floor. He reassures me that his left leg limping is not due to the fall. He had about 20 sessions of physical therapy. He went t...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems that he has intervertebral disc compression that needs further evaluation. Since there are suspected demyelinating changes in MRI, he would require further MRI brain to check for any demyelination in his brain. His compression as per report is no...  Read Full »

I became obese after delivery with low back pain which radiates to abdomen. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 25 years old. I have a 7-year-old and a 2-year-old kid. After my son's birth, I have gained quite a bit of weight just a little over the obese range. I say this because I do not know if it has anything to do with my problem. I am writing because I am having trouble finding onlin...  Read Full »

Dr. Nageswara Rao

Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to hear about your pain, but I will try my best to help you. From history, the lower back pain may be related to mechanical or disc protrusion (PIVD) or some rare conditions like a kidney stone, or pelvic inflammatory disease. Mechanical and PIVD (prolapsed...  Read Full »

What is the reason for acute lower back pain aggravates on sitting?

Query: Hello doctor, I am experiencing acute pain on the left side of the lower back since last night. Suddenly, I was unable to bend forward at all and started feeling extreme pain while sitting. The pain is radiating from the lower back to the left hip. Even after 12 hours, the pain has not reduced a bi...  Read Full »

Dr. Mahaveer Patil

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your complaints and understand your concern. I generally have seen many cases like this at my clinic. I advise them rest, analgesics, anti-inflammatory tablets, and ice pack till the symptoms reduce to some extent. Then I get an x-ray and if necessar...  Read Full »

Why is my sister having pain in head?

Query: Hello doctor, Kindly go through the MRI report of my sister. She is experiencing pain in head. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The MRI scan report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) is of the cervical spine. She has a disc bulge in the cervical spine due to which there will be pain in the neck and the upper limbs. Pain in the upper limbs may or may not be associated with tingli...  Read Full »