Q. Kindly explain the ways to treat back pain.

Dr. Santosh-kumar Bashyal
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 28, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jul 23, 2020

My brother has back pain. Lower back. He carried a heavy stuff and accidentally put his pressure at his back. Maybe it is a sprain or what.

#

Looking into the problem of your brother, I would like to discuss here and flashes the light on. There would be many things can happen, not only just sprain.

1. Muscle or ligament strain- Repeated heavy lifting or a sudden awkward movement can strain back muscles and spinal ligaments-constant strain on your back can cause painful muscle spasms.

2. Bulging or ruptured disks- Disks act as cushions between vertebrae in your spine. The soft material inside a disk can bulge or rupture and press on a nerve. However, you can have a bulging or ruptured disk without back pain. Disk disease is often found incidentally when spine X-rays taken.

3. Arthritis in the spine can lead to a narrowing of the space around the spinal cord called spinal stenosis.

4. A condition in which your spine curves to the side (scoliosis) also can lead to back pain.

|