Scoliosis

Why does my head feel too heavy for my neck?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 31 year old female and yet to conceive. Since 9 months I have been facing heaviness of head and stiffness of neck. Sometimes the heaviness of head becomes extreme and I feel it is spinning even at the slightest movement of neck and it is accompanied with bowel movements. I feel tha...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for your query on this platform. Relax! You are not suffering from any life-threatening disease. Neither are you suffering from any gastrointestinal problems except occasionally which is normal and could be due to mild gastritis. Cervical arthritis cannot cau...  Read Full »

What can I do to straighten my curved lumbar spine and un-cant hips?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 19-year-old male. Around two months back, I had a hiccup when dead-lifting and my lower back or lumbar spine area had a sharp pain. At the time, I did not think much of it and since then discontinued dead-lifts. Over time, I have developed some sciatica in my left hamstring area....  Read Full »

Dr. James F Geiselman

Chiropractor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on what you wrote, it sounds as though you may have scoliosis, a wedged vertebrae in the lumbar spine, a disc issue, or even lower cross syndrome. If there is any way to attach images of the X-rays, that would be ideal (though I know the current situation is not i...  Read Full »

Can knee arthroscopy cause scoliosis and pain?

Query: Hello doctor,I have mild scoliosis convex to the left and was wondering if a left knee arthroscopy can be the cause of my posture and/or pain issues. For example, sitting, standing. Also, having scoliosis, would that cause a blood clot (pulmonary embolism) after this surgery? With being a severe ast...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Scoliosis is a structural problem and knee pain will not cause this. Arthroscopy can rarely lead to a clot formation but is not necessarily a known risk factor for DVT (deep vein thrombosis) as you are likely to mobilize very quickly and the procedure is usually shor...  Read Full »

Can scoliosis be treated with exercise?

Query: Hi doctor, For the past four months, I am suffering from neck stiffness especially when turning to the left. Also, I am suffering from heaviness of head, trembling of the head in certain neck position and shortness of breath, especially on moving to the chest level. When I wake up in the morning af...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you have very well explained your symptoms, I am so thankful to you. I would have appreciated if MRl image too available. Scoliosis can give rise to spasm of paraspinal muscles of the affected area, and in your case neck, this explains your neck stiffness. Does trem...  Read Full »

Is it possible to lead a normal life with scoliosis and neck stiffness?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 31 year old female. I am in a job for which I will be out of home for at least 11 hours. My problem is stiffness in the neck (in the left side alone) for the past four months. In certain positions of my neck, head trembles, heart beats fast, and shortness of breath is produced. I...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I want to assure you not to worry as everything is going to be fine if proper care and treatment is opted in for. I have thoroughly gone through your case and can well understand your genuine health concerns.  Read Full »

Kindly explain the reports which I had for my back pain.

Query: Hi doctor, I suffer from back pain. Please give me a second opinion. I am attaching my reports. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Chitrangada

Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Few small multilevel osteophytes are seen. The L3-4 and L4-5 discs are desiccated. A mild posterior-central disc bulge is noted at L3-4 level indenting the posterior thecal sac without ...  Read Full »

Is there nothing that can be done about the pain from scoliosis and hypermobility?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 26 year old female. My height is 5'1" and I weigh 53 Kg. I have had pain in all joints. I also experience pain in the spine between shoulders and down to my tailbone since 2010, on and off. I have finally seen a rheumatologist. The doctor said I have scoliosis, minor spondyloart...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks like your doctor is treating you for Rheumatoid arthritis. However, what is not clear is the fact that how this conclusion was arrived at. Have they done these tests - ESR, CRP, Rheumatoid Factor blood test, Anti-CCP antibodies test? How long does the morning sti...  Read Full »

I have severe pain eight years after a scoliosis surgery. Could something be wrong?

Query: Hello doctor, I underwent scoliosis surgery eight years ago and have been experiencing a pain around my left shoulder blade. Recently this pain has gotten so bad it has become difficult to even breathe and sleep. Is it possible something is wrong with the rods that were placed during the surgery?  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The segments adjacent to the one that was stabilized may sometimes start to misbehave due to abnormal loads. As it has been eight years since surgery, the likelihood of an infection and loosening are less likely, though it cannot be completely ruled out. You need to se...  Read Full »

What is the cause for scoliosis and leg trembling?

Query: Hi doctor, When I was 10 years old, I had spine surgery for removing a lipoma tumor. I was fine before surgery. After the surgery, I was unable to walk as my right leg became very weak. Now my age is 20 years. I can walk and play now. But, I walk with some difficulty, and after surgery, I had bulgy ...  Read Full »

Dr. Mahaveer Patil

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The present pain in the scoliotic region might be due to a muscular strain in the paraspinal muscles, which is quite common while playing sports like badminton. Another possibility is an early neuro radiculopathy, occurring due to a pinched nerve in one of the intervert...  Read Full »

My muscles tend to get knotted more often. Can scoliosis cause such problems?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 25-year-old female. I have scoliosis and my curve is around 25 degrees. I would truly appreciate if you can answer my queries. Can my scoliosis get worse over time?My right muscles tend to get knotted more often than my left muscles. Can scoliosis cause such problems?Can exercise be...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.As you have achieved skeletal maturity and now have stopped growing with your curve only 25 degrees then the spontaneous increase in the curve is highly unusual. You will have to, however, monitor the curve. Scoliosis leads to muscle and structural imbalances and getting...  Read Full »