Scoliosis

What are the ways to manage back pain?

Query: Hi doctor, My brother has back pain. Lower back. He carried a heavy stuff and accidentally put his pressure at his back. Maybe it is a sprain or what.  Read Full »

Dr. Santosh-kumar Bashyal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Looking into the problem of your brother, I would like to discuss here and flashes the light on. There would be many things can happen, not only just sprain. 1. Muscle or ligament strain- Repeated heavy lifting or a sudden awkward movement can strain back muscles a...  Read Full »

What are the chances of developing scoliosis in adulthood?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 16 years old. I just recently discovered that I have scoliosis. I do not know much about it but I will tell you what I know. My scoliosis currently has only a 3-degree curve and I am pretty confident it is a C shaped curve, although I am not sure. What do you think are the chances t...  Read Full »

Dr. Santosh-kumar Bashyal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Before going into the progress of scoliosis, I would like to make you some clarity about the facts on it. 1) The Cobb angle is a measure of the curvature of the spine in degrees. This helps to determine what type of treatment is necessary. A Cobb angle of 10 degre...  Read Full »

Will my scoliosis get better with surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, I have scoliosis from my 15 years of age. Now, I am 36 years old. I am a very active teacher and mom. The pain medicines are not helping me now and I have started to limp and lean. Can it get corrected through surgery?  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is important to do an MRI of your spine to know where the nerves are getting pinched. Please consult a neurologist for physical evaluation after doing an MRI scan and they will be able to guide you with your pain. Surgery is not required in every patient and you might ...  Read Full »

I have headache and chest pain. Kindly explain my MRI report.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a headache, back and right chest pain, nausea, vision blur, and dizzy. MRI brain suggest supravermian archanoid cyst (2.2 x 1.6 cm). MRI spine suggest straightening of the cervical spine, scoliosis of the upper dorsal spine, decreased L4-L5 disc space with mild vertebral waist p...  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is fine about the report. Please explain the symptoms that you are suffering from. Then I will explain about the report.  Read Full »

Why do I feel like my whole skeletal system has a problem?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 20 year old male. My height is 6'3" and weight is 180 pounds. I am having problems with my whole skeletal system. My right knee snaps when I extend my leg and my left hip has some pain. My left foot appears longer from heal to big toe and my right leg appears longer from the knee t...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Are the findings that you have quoted your impression or seen and mentioned by a physiotherapist or doctor? Have you been prescribed any physiotherapy? Have you had bloods taken to rule out any other cause of muscle weakness fatigue? Do you exercise regularly? ...  Read Full »

Why is my left shoulder broader than the right?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 19 years old female. I have noticed that one of my clavicles is longer than the other. My left shoulder is slightly broader than the right shoulder. Every now and then I am experiencing pain in my left shoulder. My waist on the left is bigger than my right side as if I have lopside...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. One way to resolve the issue is to get a chest and thoracic spine x-ray. This is to rule out a scoliosis as well as to check if the clavicles are of the same size. My hunch from your description is that you have a mild scoliosis. Another way to check is to look for a rib ...  Read Full »

Please interpret the findings of MRI spine.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 29-year-old female. I have low back pain with bilateral hiop and leg pain to the knees for several years. I have fibromyalgia, scoliosis and my left leg is 7m shorter than my right leg. My MRI result indicates: Large broad-based right paracentral disc protrusion at L4-5 and c...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Vertebrae has a central canal where the nerves from the brain run to reach the legs. At each vertebrae level, there is a shock absorber called the disc. Often this gets displaced due to the pressure put on it and it starts to put pressure on the nerves that run d...  Read Full »

Will scoliosis likely to cause severe back pain along with elbow and shoulder stifness?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 15-year-old cheerleader who experiences bad back pain. I was diagnosed with scoliosis at the age of 10, but everyone that I have met with scoliosis did not have pain like me. I have tightness and pain in my elbows, shoulders, ankles, knees, and hips but the back pain is excruci...  Read Full »

Dr. Catherine Bevington

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello doctor, Sorry to hear that you have pain for such a long time. I am sure you understand that I cannot fully answer your queries without seeing you and examining you. But it sounds as though you have joint hypermobility with scoliosis. This can cause severe pain because your muscles have to wo...  Read Full »

Why does my head feel too heavy for my neck?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 31 year old female and yet to conceive. Since 9 months I have been facing heaviness of head and stiffness of neck. Sometimes the heaviness of head becomes extreme and I feel it is spinning even at the slightest movement of neck and it is accompanied with bowel movements. I feel tha...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for your query on this platform. Relax! You are not suffering from any life-threatening disease. Neither are you suffering from any gastrointestinal problems except occasionally which is normal and could be due to mild gastritis.¬†Cervical arthritis cannot cau...  Read Full »

What can I do to straighten my curved lumbar spine and un-cant hips?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 19-year-old male. Around two months back, I had a hiccup when dead-lifting and my lower back or lumbar spine area had a sharp pain. At the time, I did not think much of it and since then discontinued dead-lifts. Over time, I have developed some sciatica in my left hamstring area....  Read Full »

Dr. James F Geiselman

Chiropractor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on what you wrote, it sounds as though you may have scoliosis, a wedged vertebrae in the lumbar spine, a disc issue, or even lower cross syndrome. If there is any way to attach images of the X-rays, that would be ideal (though I know the current situation is not i...  Read Full »