I have backache for the last three years. I am a pilot by profession. I am suffering from pain in both upper and lower back. On prolonging standing, I feel pain in the lower back and also under my feet, and while sitting without back support, I feel pain in the upper back. I feel pain in the upper back even if I lower my neck ,
My MRI reports are,
1. Disc desiccatory changes are noted at CV2-CV3 and CV3-CV4 levels.
2. Circumferential disc bulges are noted at CV3-CV4, CV4-CV5 and CV5-CV6 levels causing compression of the thecal sac, narrowing of bilateral lateral recesses and compression of bilateral exiting nerve roots.
3. Circumferential disc bulges are noted at LV4-LV5 and LV5-SV1 levels causing indentation of thecal sac without significant nerve root compression.
Can you please suggest me some solution and what sort of disease I have.
Welcome to icliniq.com.
The problems you are facing are due to excessive strain on back and neck muscles. As you said, the reason is the prolonged standing, bad posture of the back and neck. All I can advise, irrespective of what the MRI says is,
1. Avoid bad postures like during reading or watching TV or relaxing or bending to lift weights so on.
2. Avoid pillows.
3. Never sleep in a sitting position with head stooping forward. Avoid neck cracking.
Most important is to build the paraspinal muscles. Do lots of exercises bending back. You can get it on the net. Do not plan for any surgical procedures. Till you build the muscles and till conscious about the back, you can use back support belts throughout the day and neck support collars for the night. I hope I have clarified your query, do write back if any more questions and for your feedback.
Was this answer helpful?|
Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!
Hello doctor, I am having prolonged backache, especially after driving ... And when I push my hands on the back towards the front I can hear bone cracking, like when we stretch ... I face pain w... Read fullEpendymoma - Types, Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment
.. of tumor that forms in the brain and spinal cord, which commonly affects young children. Learn about its types, causes, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment options .. ... Read fullMRI spine showed intramedullary mass at T4. Is it a cyst or malignancy?
.. you attach the MRI images and upload it so that I can see it? For more information consult a spine health specialist online --> .. ... Read full
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask an Orthopaedician & Traumatologist Now