Posture And Balance

I have backache for three years. What does my MRI suggest?

Query: Hello doctor, I have backache for the last three years. I am a pilot by profession. I am suffering from pain in both upper and lower back. On prolonging standing, I feel pain in the lower back and also under my feet, and while sitting without back support, I feel pain in the upper back. I feel pain...  Read Full »

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The problems you are facing are due to excessive strain on back and neck muscles. As you said, the reason is the prolonged standing, bad posture of the back and neck. All I can advise, irrespective of what the MRI says is, 1. Avoid bad postures like during reading o...  Read Full »

I have a dull pain on the right side of the bottom of my spine. How to stop them?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25-year-old male, around 199 cm tall and 85 kg weight. I have been playing sports when I was young (volleyball, tennis, and basketball) and I was fit for a long time. However, since I started with higher education (around six years ago), I tended to study in a semi-bent positio...  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your concern. I feel the pain what you describe is due to bad posture adapted all these days. It could be a neural pain due to any disc issue and may not be a worse prolapse. This may warrant a thorough examination of your spine and hip. As of now, I recommend...  Read Full »

What are the possible inner ear disorders after falling from a moving escalator?

Query: Hello doctor, Three weeks ago while descending on a moving escalator I fell down but I was holding the bannister and it only caused me to sit on the steps from where I got up and walked away upon reaching down. Next day, while sitting on a high chair with a very small base and seat, I slipped off b...  Read Full »

Dr. A.k.srivastava

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern, you are probably suffering from imbalance. It is a type of vertigo. Such problems arises when vestibule of inner ear is not working properly. Balancing of moving body is managed by vestibule of inner ear. Sometimes inner ear gets diseased by ...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest ways to reduce mild vertigo.

Query: Hi doctor, I have mild vertigo for the past one month. There is no sweating or vomiting. I do not have any pain in the head and there is no problem of hearing and vision. I am only experiencing some balancing problem. My ENG test is absolutely normal. What will be the possible way to reduce this?  Read Full »

Dr. A.k.srivastava

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. I would like to tell you the causes of unsteadiness or dizziness. They are aural (disease of ear) and extra aural. Under extra aural there comes a long list of diseases. Spondylosis. Tumors of cerebellopontine (CP) angle and brain. M...  Read Full »

Can imbalance in the inner ear cause dizziness?

Query: Hi doctor, My head feels heavy for the past three months, and I am having neck stiffness as well. I have consulted an orthopedist who gave me Stemetil MD, but was of no use. I consulted a neurologist and had Sibelium, Myoril, etc., but still the problem is not cured. In certain positions, I feel my...  Read Full »

Dr. Alok Rathi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sensation of spinningor dizziness is usually due to improper functioning of balance system. It includes your inner ear, cerebellum (part of brain), peripheral sensory system and eyes. All must work together and synchronize with each other to maintain balance. Problem i...  Read Full »

What is MSA?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a balancing problem. I have low blood pressure in change of posture. I am on Midodrine. During a neurological examination, I was asked to tap my toes. Every time when I did that my heel involuntarily tapped several times. What is the reason? I am being examined for possible MSA...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have thoroughly gone through your case and can well understand your genuine health concerns.  Read Full »

Can you please interpret MRI brain taken for balancing problem?

Query: Hello doctor, I suddenly felt out of balance and threat of falling. Occurred frequently. Took MR brain with angio. In observation, the report said the following. Chronic lacunar infarct with gliosis in left corona radiata. Discreet diffusion non restricted subcortical FLAIR hyperintensities noted- ...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read carefully your MRI report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and would explain that it indicates small repeated strokes due to small vessel disease of the brain. For this reason, it is important for taking daily Aspirin 100 mg or 80 mg and closely ...  Read Full »

When food gets stuck in between teeth, what happens?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a doubt regarding some general facts. Please explain the following elaborately. Is it fine to pluck out a gray hair? What happens when something gets stuck in between teeth for several days? What is the effect of teeth chatter? What is the growling of the stomach? When does the ea...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. When we pluck out a hair, we feel a slight sharp pain at that point of time. The hair usually breaks along with its follicle, thus that space remains hairless in the future. But if the hair breaks in between with its follicle intact, then the hair will regrow.When food ge...  Read Full »

I am having balancing problems, blurred vision and concentration issues. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am facing certain problems which include balancing problems, blurred vision and sometimes, headaches, concentration issues. It has been 2 to 3 months that I am facing all these.  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your case and can well understand your genuine health concerns. The cause of your symptoms can be related to brain disorder or vitamin B12 deficiency or eye problem. In my opinion, you should consult a physician first because you need a thorough neur...  Read Full »

Whom should I consult for my neck pain?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 45 year old diabetic woman. Since past two months, my right-hand thumb is paining. I am unable to hold or grip anything. From past one month, I am having pain in the neck and headache as well which is not going. Now since last week, the pain in my thumb spread to my pinky finger, ...  Read Full »

Dr. Abhinav Gupta

Diabetologist, Nephrologist

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.For neck pain, maintain correct posture. Sit straight and do not use laptops and mobiles.Go for x-ray cervical spine, lateral and anteroposterior view.For thumb pain, I suggest Etoricoxib 90 mg. If the pain does not subside, then seek orthopedic consultation.Get your thyr...  Read Full »