Posture And Balance

Why is my child having issues with balancing?

Query: Hello doctor, Age of the child: 20 Months Gender: Male Weight: 12 Kilograms Height: 30 inches Started Walking: 15 Months Started Sitting: 5 months Started Crawling: 12 months Problem: My baby has started walking at the age of 15 months and is very active. He runs, jumps, rolls, an...  Read Full »

Dr. Manu Bharadwaj

Paediatric Surgeon, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First, let me appreciate you for describing whatever your child has appropriately. As you have said that the baby has just started walking about 5 months ago, the problem with balance could be just his learning curve. Kids normally do fall while learning to walk, am...  Read Full »

How is dizziness treated?

Query: Hello doctor, I do not want to be sound like I am panicking, but I really do feel quite uneasy. Since I woke up I feel dizzy. My head is rolling and when I close my eyes, I feel like the world is rolling around in a full speed. It never happened with me any time before. I just had my lunch now, but ...  Read Full »

Dr. Aditi Gupta Jha

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description it looks like you are suffering from dizziness. This could be due to two reasons. One is your blood pressure and the other is your body's balance mechanism. So, I would recommend that you get your blood pressure checked and also a physician in person...  Read Full »

Is vertigo while lying down and turning head towards left due to balancing issues in ear?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 40-year-old male. I weigh about 79 kg and my height is 5'11". My BP is 130/78 and pulse rate is 90 bpm. I have no diabetecs and I am a non-smoker, and non-alcoholic. I am a software engineer. I am having neck and back pain issues for the past 10 years particularly more severe ...  Read Full »

Dr. Seyedaidin Sajedi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your history and reviewed your total spinal MRI. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Do not be nervous. Vertigo that you are experiencing is not related to your discopathy. You have disc bulging in the cervical spine (C5-C6 and C6-C7), at leas...  Read Full »

I have continuous dizziness with loss of balance. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, Continuous dizziness. Losing balance could not sit or stand for more than few minutes. Age:65, Height:6'2'', Weight:220 lb.  Read Full »

Dr. Ajay Panwar

Internal Medicine Physician, Neurologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your MRI spine reports osteophytes at multiple spinal levels along with bilateral neural foraminal stenosis at C6-C7 level (attachment removed to protect patient identity). These cervical changes though can cause dizziness but persistent imbalance is not usually seen wi...  Read Full »

My balance gets impaired when I shake my head. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 51 year old male. I have never had any medical condition prior. I spent a very cold day outside and woke up the next day with a feel of dizzy (like I am drunk), queasy and tired. There is no pain, cough or discharge. When I move my head from side to side my balance gets impaired...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your problem seems to be due to inner ear infection leading to impairment of balance on head movements and ringing sensation in ear known as tinnitus. You need ear examination and complete vestibular functions assessment and evaluation by an ENT (ear, nose and throat...  Read Full »

I have backache for three years. What does my MRI suggest?

Query: Hello doctor, I have backache for the last three years. I am a pilot by profession. I am suffering from pain in both upper and lower back. On prolonging standing, I feel pain in the lower back and also under my feet, and while sitting without back support, I feel pain in the upper back. I feel pain...  Read Full »

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The problems you are facing are due to excessive strain on back and neck muscles. As you said, the reason is the prolonged standing, bad posture of the back and neck. All I can advise, irrespective of what the MRI says is, 1. Avoid bad postures like during reading o...  Read Full »

I have a dull pain on the right side of the bottom of my spine. How to stop them?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25-year-old male, around 199 cm tall and 85 kg weight. I have been playing sports when I was young (volleyball, tennis, and basketball) and I was fit for a long time. However, since I started with higher education (around six years ago), I tended to study in a semi-bent positio...  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your concern. I feel the pain what you describe is due to bad posture adapted all these days. It could be a neural pain due to any disc issue and may not be a worse prolapse. This may warrant a thorough examination of your spine and hip. As of now, I recommend...  Read Full »

What are the possible inner ear disorders after falling from a moving escalator?

Query: Hello doctor, Three weeks ago while descending on a moving escalator I fell down but I was holding the bannister and it only caused me to sit on the steps from where I got up and walked away upon reaching down. Next day, while sitting on a high chair with a very small base and seat, I slipped off b...  Read Full »

Dr. A K Srivastava

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern, you are probably suffering from imbalance. It is a type of vertigo. Such problems arises when vestibule of inner ear is not working properly. Balancing of moving body is managed by vestibule of inner ear. Sometimes inner ear gets diseased by ...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest ways to reduce mild vertigo.

Query: Hi doctor, I have mild vertigo for the past one month. There is no sweating or vomiting. I do not have any pain in the head and there is no problem of hearing and vision. I am only experiencing some balancing problem. My ENG test is absolutely normal. What will be the possible way to reduce this?  Read Full »

Dr. A K Srivastava

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. I would like to tell you the causes of unsteadiness or dizziness. They are aural (disease of ear) and extra aural. Under extra aural there comes a long list of diseases. Spondylosis. Tumors of cerebellopontine (CP) angle and brain. M...  Read Full »

Can imbalance in the inner ear cause dizziness?

Query: Hi doctor, My head feels heavy for the past three months, and I am having neck stiffness as well. I have consulted an orthopedist who gave me Stemetil MD, but was of no use. I consulted a neurologist and had Sibelium, Myoril, etc., but still the problem is not cured. In certain positions, I feel my...  Read Full »

Dr. Alok Rathi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sensation of spinningor dizziness is usually due to improper functioning of balance system. It includes your inner ear, cerebellum (part of brain), peripheral sensory system and eyes. All must work together and synchronize with each other to maintain balance. Problem i...  Read Full »