Q. After intercourse, I have tiny bumps in my vaginal area. Why?

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani
and medically reviewed by Nithila A
Published on Oct 10, 2019 and last reviewed on: Oct 16, 2019

I have a question about some pain and bumps that I have noticed on my vagina. I had rough sex with my fiance a few days ago, and he is fairly large, and it always hurts, but this time more than the others. I noticed a few bumps on my vaginal area, they are not itchy but pink and have a hole or pink with white interior. The bumps are very tiny, and I have been experiencing more discharge than normal but no odor. What could it be?

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

General Practitioner Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

It may be bacterial vaginosis. Or other vaginal infection or some cyst may be. For that, I have to examine you first. So for that consult nearby. Doctor will see the type and nature of the discharge and bump around the vagina and will send discharge for examination if required and will also give you some antibiotics according to discharge. Other than that, drink more water, keep the vaginal area dry as possible. Do urinate and clean the vaginal area with plain water after sex every time. Ask your partner, whether he has any problem. If any, then he also needs to be treated to avoid recurrence. Use a condom or avoid sex until you get cured.

Is it true that vitamin supplements help with recurrent vaginal infection?

Query: Hi doctor,I got married seven months back and this is the fourth time she caught bacterial vaginosis (BV). She never had any symptoms before marriage. We have consulted a gynecologist all the four times. She will prescribe antibiotics and other stuff and that successfully treat her for some time. I...  Read Full »

Am I having recurrent BV because of unprotected sex?

Query: Hello doctor,I have recurring BV and I do not know why. I have stopped taking baths, I do not douche, I never use any scented products. I am in a monogamous relationship. I just realized that my fiance washes his penis with shampoo, and we have unprotected sex. Could this be why I cannot seem to get...  Read Full »

May I know the treatment for vaginal infection?

Query: Hi doctor, I have got some vaginal infection. I feel itching, burning and some kind of cut and marks on my vagina. I would like to know the treatment for this. Please help.  Read Full »