Q. Can Terbinaforce plus be used for vaginal infection?

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy
Published on Jan 26, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

Can Terbinaforce plus cream be used for a vaginal infection? I have itching after periods. Please guide.

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Dermatology Venereology
#

Please do not use Terbinaforce plus cream anywhere on the body. Do not even think of using it on your genitals.

Terbinaforce plus cream (Clobetasol Topical, Ofloxacin Topical, Ornidazole Topical and Terbinafine Topical) has a potent steroid in it. They would further aggravate all kind of infections. It makes skin thinner, red, and more sensitive.

Please meet your dermatologist and get evaluated for the nature of vaginal infections and use the medications prescribed accordingly. Vaginal itching could be bacterial, viral, or fungal. So, the treatment would be different for each infection.

For further queries consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

May I know the treatment for vaginal infection?

Query: Hi doctor, I have got some vaginal infection. I feel itching, burning and some kind of cut and marks on my vagina. I would like to know the treatment for this. Please help.  Read Full »

What can I do for a ringworm infection?

Query: Hi doctor, I have ringworm from past three months. I have taken Sebifin for two months and Fungicros cream. But the fungi do not go away completely. It has started blooming in new places. Please help.  Read Full »

What do you suggest for vaginal itching in a 3 year old?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter will be 3 by next month. There is itching in her vagina and she scratches it once or twice in a week. Her hygiene is good so far and we are not sure why this is happening. We have not done any deworming so far, and therefore, we are trying for that now. The moment we think ...  Read Full »