Q. Can Terbinaforce plus be used for vaginal infection?

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 26, 2018 and last reviewed on: Dec 19, 2019

Can Terbinaforce plus cream be used for a vaginal infection? I have itching after periods. Please guide.

#

Please do not use Terbinaforce plus cream anywhere on the body. Do not even think of using it on your genitals.

Terbinaforce plus cream (Clobetasol Topical, Ofloxacin Topical, Ornidazole Topical and Terbinafine Topical) has a potent steroid in it. They would further aggravate all kind of infections. It makes skin thinner, red, and more sensitive.

Please meet your dermatologist and get evaluated for the nature of vaginal infections and use the medications prescribed accordingly. Vaginal itching could be bacterial, viral, or fungal. So, the treatment would be different for each infection.

For further queries consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

How is a vaginal infection treated?

Query: Hi doctor, I have got some vaginal infection. I feel itching, burning and some kind of cut and marks on my vagina. I would like to know the treatment for this. Please help.  Read Full »

What can I do for a ringworm infection?

Query: Hi doctor, I have ringworm from past three months. I have taken Sebifin for two months and Fungicros cream. But the fungi do not go away completely. It has started blooming in new places. Please help.  Read Full »

How to treat vaginal itching in a 3-year-old?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter will be 3 by next month. There is itching in her vagina and she scratches it once or twice in a week. Her hygiene is good so far and we are not sure why this is happening. We have not done any deworming so far, and therefore, we are trying for that now. The moment we think ...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»