Q. I am suffering from vaginal infection. What are the possiblities to get pregnant?

Dr. Alison A. Rodriguez
and medically reviewed by Nithila A
Published on Apr 19, 2019

I am a 35-year-old female. I am suffering from a vaginal infection. I want to get pregnant. Is it safe and possible for me after treatment?

Dr. Alison A. Rodriguez

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

There are different kinds of vaginal infections. The most common are yeast infections and bacterial vaginosis. They are easy to treat most of the time and should not alter your ability to get pregnant. These types of infections can also occur during pregnancy and can safely be treated at that time as well.

It is difficult to give more detailed information without knowing the type of infections and the treatment provided.

Can Terbinaforce plus be used for vaginal infection?

Query: Hello doctor,Can Terbinaforce plus cream be used for a vaginal infection? I have itching after periods. Please guide.  Read Full »

Is it true that vitamin supplements help with recurrent vaginal infection?

Query: Hi doctor,I got married seven months back and this is the fourth time she caught bacterial vaginosis (BV). She never had any symptoms before marriage. We have consulted a gynecologist all the four times. She will prescribe antibiotics and other stuff and that successfully treat her for some time. I...  Read Full »