Q. I have bad breath, and my tongue has a white coating. Why?

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 17, 2020 and last reviewed on: May 07, 2021

I have bad breath and my tongue is white even when I brush really hard for a long time. I have this issue for years. I have consulted a doctor about this issue. But nothing helps me.

#

Foul breath always occurs in relation to food accumulation. White tongue occurs due to food deposition on the tongue. I suggest you use a soft bristle toothbrush for brushing. Use it twice daily in vertical strokes. Use a floss and tongue scraper after brushing. It keeps your tongue clean and prevents bacterial growth. Use Hiora K mouthwash. Do not use it for a prolonged time to avoid having staining. Use it for two weeks. Use Candidal mouth paint over the tongue.

The whitish tongue can also occur due to fungal causes. Apply it on the tongue two to three times a day. Tongue scrapping habits help to clear food deposition. Rinse your mouth after eating. Make it a habit. Avoid taking sticky or sweet food. Do scaling once in six months to prevent having tartar deposition. The other causes of foul breath are consumption of sulfur-rich foods, staying on empty stomach for a long time, acid reflux, and GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease). Try to rule out the cause soon. Follow these steps and it helps to deal with your foul breath issue.

|