Q. Are implant supported bridges good?

Dr. Pallavi Srivastava

Are implant supported bridges good? Will they cause bad breath in the long term? I have dental bridges in my four front teeth for about eight years, but now it is causing bad odor.

#

Implant supported bridge is an extremely good option for replacement of missing teeth. Implant is the best treatment option in dentistry and it is a lifelong treatment option. It stays for ur whole life without causing any problem. Once osseointegration has taken place successfully it acts extremely perfect. But you have to maintain your oral hygiene nicely. You have to use electric brushes for maintaining your implant and you have to visit the dentist every year for follow up for scaling and polishing, just for maintaining your oral hygiene. Go for It.

It is the best treatment option if you are healthy systemically. Patients suffering from high blood pressure or diabetes might have some problems. So your dentist will decide what is best in those conditions after all the blood tests, OPG, and CBCT (will decide your bone condition) diagnosis.

| 

Kindly suggest a solution for long term halitosis.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 26-year-old female. I am suffering from halitosis for the past 15 years. Consulted many doctors and they could not find out the reason. Please help me.  Read Full »

Is Sensodyne suggested for bad breath and yellow teeth?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a problem with breath odor and yellowish teeth. How to solve this problem? Can I use Sensodyne toothpaste?  Read Full »

What is the procedure for dental implants in place of fixed prosthesis?

Query: Hello doctor,I lost my upper incisor after a childhood injury which later on was replaced by a dental bridge by a dentist who damaged my three healthy teeth to fix the bridge. It has been 15 years now and I want to go for implants. So, I have questions about what would be the whole approach? My brid...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»