Tongue Cleaner

Does the tongue color look normal?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a concern in my mouth. I am a 25-year-old woman. Is it normal for the underneath of my tongue to look like this?  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the picture you have attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). This is 100 % normal for the tongue to look like. The undersurface of the tongue looks in this color because of the artery and veins supplying the tongue is quite visible clearly...  Read Full »

My kid has bad odor in the mouth. What is causing it and what is the way out?

Query: Hello doctor,My 3 year old daughter's mouth has an odor and I always thoroughly brush her teeth every day. What is causing it and what is the way out?  Read Full »

Dr. Sumiya Sulthana

Nutritionist, Dietician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Brush her teeth twice and clean her tongue and make sure she does not eat excess acidic food before going to bed. Ask her to make a habit of gargling with normal water after each food she takes. Avoid acidic foods, deep-fried foods as well as those with high sugar ...  Read Full »

Is there any treatment for a black hairy tongue?

Query: Hi doctor, A few weeks ago I noticed that my tongue had patchy green areas. However, it has now turned into more of a yellow color, more so in the back than the front. Brushing the tongue seems to remove the yellow, but then it comes back. I am very scared of the black hairy tongue, and I read that...  Read Full »

Dr. Nupur Prashant Shah

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attached photo (attachment removed to protect patient identity), and I understand your concern. As your tongue has turned yellow and black from green in the front part, it is a typical feature of a hairy tongue. Clinically it looks like a hairy ...  Read Full »

Why does my tongue remain white?

Query: Hi doctor, My tongue remains white for about 1 to 1.5 years. It could be long, but not less than the duration I mentioned. My tongue gets hurt often. Please check the image; it was taken when it got hurt while eating. I am 21 years old. My weight is 55 kg and height is 5'10". I visited both allopath...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Some people have more dead cells forming on the tongue than normal. It is nothing for which you should worry about. Just use a tongue cleaner daily to wipe away dead cells. Do this daily and you will see some difference. Some person's tongue has less blood supply, which ...  Read Full »

Can tongue cleaner cause itchy tongue?

Query: Hello doctor, I have an itchy tongue. I can describe the itching like putting a needle on right and left corners of the tongue. I am using steel tongue cleaner for the last 15 years and I have stopped now. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Are you a diabetic person? Has the tongue problem reduced after you stopped using the tongue cleaner? Revert back with the asked details to an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist  Read Full »