Q. Why is there bad breath in spite of flossing and using mouthwash?

Answered by Dr. Gaurav Pandey and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Bad Breath or Mouthwash? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

Majority of times after I floss and then brush my teeth afterward I use cool mint Listerine mouthwash. I do not understand what is going on but my fiance says I have an unpleasant smell in my mouth. I do not have to be so close to him talking. After I had a wash with the Listerine, I do not eat anything or drink until after we meet up. I do not understand what is going on. I do all that I can to have fresh breath why am I not getting no benefits out of it? I am so frustrated. This issue is there for the past one month.