Q. Why is there bad breath in spite of flossing and using mouthwash?

Dr. Gaurav Pandey

Majority of times after I floss and then brush my teeth afterward I use cool mint Listerine mouthwash. I do not understand what is going on but my fiance says I have an unpleasant smell in my mouth. I do not have to be so close to him talking. After I had a wash with the Listerine, I do not eat anything or drink until after we meet up. I do not understand what is going on. I do all that I can to have fresh breath why am I not getting no benefits out of it? I am so frustrated. This issue is there for the past one month.

#

You do not need to be frustrated. It is very common. There are various factors affecting your bad breath. You can try these things to improve your oral hygiene. Avoid foods and beverages that cause bad breath, eat more fruits and vegetables, take sufficient amount of water, try sugar-free gum if your mouth tends to get dry. Brush your teeth at least twice a day. Make sure to reach the gum line as well as tooth surfaces. Floss at least once a day. Rinse with a mouthwash twice a day. If you do not like the odor of your mouthwash you could change its flavor. Sometimes when we are empty stomach for a long time, bad breath still comes out of the mouth. Our digestive system also affects our breath, so take care of your digestion. Have a great time.

|