Q. How can bad breath be treated?

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray
Published on Mar 30, 2019

I have a bad breath problem. I really feel a bad breath in my mouth when I wake up early in the morning.

#

I had gone through your question. I can understand your concern.

There are two main general reasons for halitosis (bad breath) related to oral cavity or teeth and the second one is related to the stomach. For oral cavity related you need to check for any cavity, accumulation of plaque and any gum problem. If there is any such issue visit a dentist and get scaling done.

If it does not help, you may need gastric consultation. Try to avoid smoking and do not keep your stomach empty for a longer period. Take plenty of fluids and you can use mouth freshener till the cause is eliminated.

How to Prevent Bad Breath or Halitosis?

Article Overview: This article discusses the causes and management of bad breath which is also called halitosis. Read Article

Dr. Osman Adam
Dentist

Halitosis or a foul odor that comes from the mouth is not a medical emergency, but at least 25 to 30 percent of the world's population complains about this problem. Types: Halitosis can be described in two classes: Bad breath in the morning, which is a normal physiological change. However, it c...  Read Article

How can bad breath be stopped and prevented?

Query: Hello doctor, I am facing a problem with bad smell from mouth. I have faced this problem six to eight months before after my accident and I took heavy-dose antibiotics. I have shown to a dentist and I have cleared all my tooth problems. After that also, I am facing this bad smell. I am taking Omepr...  Read Full »