Q. My skin on the tip of my penis is peeling. Kindly help.

Dr. Zubayeralam

The thing on the tip of my penis has peeled twice. I still put Clotrimazole as you said and took the prescribed medicines. I would say it is improved, but it is still here. Anything we can do about it?

#

I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from peeling of skin from the tip of the penis.

According to the picture that is provided here (attachment removed to protect patient identity), you may suffer from balanitis, which is an inflammation of the glans or the head of the penis caused by sexually transmitted diseases, any infection caused by a fungus, virus or bacteria, poor hygiene, any minor injury or friction, etc.

You can apply topical steroid cream like Hydrocortisone cream twice daily and Cefixime orally twice daily along with your current medications Clotrimazole cream. The above-mentioned medications will cover all the infections caused by a fungus, virus, or bacteria.

Wear loose clothing and prevent your tip of the penis from any friction or injury.

Yes, I have started running, and that is when I noticed it. Another doctor told me that was the case as well. How long should I take Cefixime and what mg?

#

You can take Cefixime 200 mg twice daily for 10-14 days. You can take the medications as follows, along with Clotrimazole cream.

1. Tablet Suprax 200 mg 1+0+1 for 10-14 days.

2. Hydrocortisone cream, apply twice daily on your affected area until subsided.

By the above-mentioned medications along with your current medications, Clotrimazole cream will help to subside your balanitis.

Is there a recommended brand for Hydrocortisone cream? Or a specification for it? I am going to head out to the pharmacy right now.

#

Hydrocortisone cream's trade name is also Hydrocortisone cream 0.5% Anti itch cream.

|