Q. Could balanitis causes inflammation and red bumps on penis after sex and masturbation?

Dr. Dilip Meena

I have inflammation of the penis head and small red bumps on the outer edge of the penis after sex and masturbation. The bumps occur and disappear after a few days. I have been using antifungal cream for about a month and also took antibiotics. It looks like it has vanished but occurs back very irritated after masturbation. I believe it could be balanitis, but that is a self-diagnosis.

#

I understand your concern, but there are no attached photographs in your message. I need to see the picture of the affected area to make an appropriate diagnosis and to suggest the proper treatment. Kindly send the images.

I have attached the file.

#

Thanks for sharing the image (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Yes, it looks like candidal balanoposthitis, a superficial fungal infection. You need to take the following medications and at the same time also treat your sexual partner with the same. Kindly consult your doctor to discuss the suggestions and take the treatment with consent.

1. Tablet Fluconazole 150 mg one tablet today and one pill after a week. Same for your partner so totally four tablets for both.

2. Apply Clotrimazole cream twice a day for two weeks.

3. Tablet Fexofenadine 180 mg once at night for 10 days for itching part.

And get your blood sugar investigation done. Take care.

|