Hydrocortisone is a medicinal form of the hormone cortisol. It reduces swelling, itching, and redness of skin seen in eczema, allergies, rashes, insect bites, and poison ivy. It is also used in conditions like thyroiditis, high blood calcium, rheumatoid arthritis, COPD, asthma, and adrenocortical insufficiency.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

How to get rid of painful brown spots in my hip?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 46-year-old female. I am regularly taking Thyroxine 50 mg. At present, I am suffering from skin problems. I have a few brown spots (a bunch of two or three) on my hip and back with a little pain and no discharge. In the past, I have spots on different parts of my body. At that ...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you are suffering from a skin problem on the hip with brown spots and pain. According to the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) provided, you may suffer from age spots. They app...  Read Full »

What are the recommended medications to heal for hemorrhoids?

Query: Hi, pls advice what is the medicine or pain reliever for hemorrhoid. It popped out already and bleeding. Thank you in advance.  Read Full »

Dr. Sosela Rrusho

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Greetings, Welcome to icliniq.com. I will be assisting you today. I understand your concern with hemorrhoids. In this condition it may help some topical treatments (local anesthetic ointment, mild astringents such as witch hazel, and corticosteroid cream) > Some prescription products con...  Read Full »

What would be the best solution for my acne and seborrheic dermatitis?

Query: Hello doctor, I have acne and seborrheic dermatitis on the face. Proactiv 3 step system has been used for a very long time which controls the acne. However, about 18 months ago, I started getting a red bumpy rash around the areas next to my nose and under my eyes. I then went to a dermatologist. He...  Read Full »

Dr. Snehal Laul

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you have severe dandruff or seborrheic dermatitis, intense itching? Any history of photodermatitis? Prolong sun exposure, heat rash, etc.? Acne Rosacea? Aggravation factor for the same? Do you have dry, flaky facial skin or extremely dry skin? Do you have greasy s...  Read Full »

What is Daktacort cream used for?

Query: Hello doctor,I have had a fungal infection on my penis for a month or so now. I saw my GP and was prescribed Daktarin cream, and the symptoms decreased significantly. However, I recently run out, and I experienced dry skin again. I was prescribed Daktacort cream this time, however, it says not to be...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Daktacort is a combination cream. It has Hydrocortisone along with anti-fungal. It can be used safely for up to two weeks, not beyond that. Hydrocortisone is low potent topical corticosteroids, it can be used on the face as well as genitalia under the supervision of a d...  Read Full »

Penetration is difficult due to tight foreskin. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27-year-old married male. My foreskin is too tight and I do not feel comfortable while having sex. Penetration is becoming a problem. I want to speak to a urologist to get some perspective on this.  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil


Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Phimosis can be a disturbing problem for many people and it is a treatable problem. Treatment depends on response and ranging from medications to surgical options. Usually, phimosis is primary, means it is from childhood, and depends on the severity it takes time to res...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for abrasion of glans penis due to overuse of soap?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 56-year-old male. Due to the overuse of soap, I had a small abrasion on the area below the glans. I applied a large amount of Neosporin ointment. The next day the glans became red only on the area where the Neosporin came in contact with the glans. I have sent the picture. (The...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from small abrasion below glans due to overuse of soap and glans become red after applying Neosporin ointment on it. According to the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient ide...  Read Full »

Please advise regarding my wife's inflation and painful defecation.

Query: Hi doctor, Three months back, my wife had some small wounds inside the anal area. For bleeding, she got Shield ointment from general physician. Lately, a small inflation is seen in anal tract and it is painful while defecating. It has been there for the past three months. Please advise.  Read Full »

Dr. Aman Gupta

Urologist, Andrologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Looks like anal fissure, which means cuts in the skin lining of the anus. It generally happens due to constipation. This leads to pain while passing stools. Many times piles are associated with this condition and it leads to bleeding and swelling in the perianal area....  Read Full »

How should I retract my tight foreskin?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 16 years old, and I weigh around 55 kg. While masturbation, I have never tried pulling back my foreskin, but gradually I got to know about pulling it back. I tried it pulling back with the help of oil. But while it is erect, I am scared what if foreskin will not come to its origina...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil


Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Tight foreskin is a common problem. If you have never pulled it back before, you might find tightness to pull it back especially in erected penis. What you need to do is to apply oil preferably olive oil as a lubricant when you masturbate. Do not pull in flaccid penis...  Read Full »

What should I do for pimples with itchy red rashes in my newborn?

Query: Hello doctor, I need help with my baby skin. He is nearly three months old, and his weight is around 5 kg. He has pimples with red rashes itchy and dry on his cheeks, chin, and forehead. It is becoming white as his skin color was light brown. And on his body, he started to have small pimples. I do...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepti Shukla

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your history thoroughly and saw all the photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it suggests your baby has atopic dermatitis. It is a common condition in children and can be managed easily with proper care. Hydrocortisone cream is go...  Read Full »

Excessive foreskin is tight and not retracting while erection. How to fix these issues?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 19 years old and worried about my penis. The frenulum does not seem to be attached to the underside of the head but it is attached more to the tip around the urethra. Also, I think I have excessive foreskin as when it is nonerect, it scrunches up more than it should at the tip. It ...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil


Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. That attachment of frenulum to the tip around the urethra that can be a variation of normal. The main problem is the retraction of the foreskin which is difficult unless you use a lubricant. That is considered a mild degree of phimosis. Phimosis can be severe and fores...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours
Chat with a Doctor

Chat with a Doctor

Starting @ just $29.99

Search for a Health Issue


Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.