Q. What could be the reason for persistent fever even after having Paracetamol?

Dr. Prabhakaran Selvam
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 30, 2019 and last reviewed on: Aug 31, 2019

I have a fever for the past five days 101 to 102. I am taking Paracetamol, but still, fever is there. Yesterday platelet was 119000, and today it is 106000.

Eosinophils is 0.6.

Absolute neutrophils are 930.

Absolute Lymphocyte count is 580.

Absolute monocyte count is 50.

What should I do?

Dr. Prabhakaran Selvam

Diabetology General Medicine Sonologist Toxicology
#

I want to suggest you take antibiotics. You need antibiotic along with other supportive measures. I would like to suggest is,

1) Tablet Mahacef 200 (Cefixime) 1-0-1.

2) Tablet Dolo 650 (Paracetamol) 1-1-1-1.

3) Tablet Pantocid 40 (Pantoprazole) 1-0-0.

And also take only hot water along with a bland diet, reduce spicy, oily and masala foods. Drink a minimum of five liters of water a day. Regarding platelet and other counts, we can wait and watch. Normally even if platelets also drops, nothing to worry, it drops initially and will start to increase automatically. So adequate hydration and antibiotics are enough. Check platelets and get back to me.

| 

Paracetamol for Fever

Query: Hello doctor, Is fever an immune response of the body to act as defense mechanism against infection, why is Paracetamol prescribed to reduce temperature?What will be happen, if not used?  Read Full »

Paracetamol tablets for tooth pain

Query: Hello Doctor, Can I take two Amoxicillin 500 tablets for my first dose of medicines for a tooth infection? Is there anything at home that will take the pain away?  Read Full »

What has to be done for fever and chills in 3 years 6 months old child?

Query: Hello doctor, Fever and chills in a child of age 3 years 6 months. A mild cough is also noticed. What can I do?  Read Full »