Q. Suffering from balanitis. Using an anti-fungal cream candid-B. The symptoms start again after I stop using the cream.

Dr. Meha Malhotra
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 15, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jul 26, 2019

I am suffering from balanitis since last month. I am using an antifungal cream (candid B) to avoid it. Till the time I use antifungal cream all rashes/infection disapper, but once I stop applying the cream all symptoms start again. 

Sympoms are: Red skin around head of penis and itchiness after 1-2 days of red skin.

Dr. Meha Malhotra

Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Venereology
#

Have you ever been diagnosed by a doctor because balanitis has several other causes as well and fungal infection is one of them.

Get a fasting and post prandial blood sugar done and please send me a few details:

• Have you noticed any swellings in your groin area ?
  • Do you get small fluid filled lesions?
  • Do you have any tiny ulcers on ur penis tip?
  • Is there any milky discharge from your penis?
  • Has there ever been any trauma to your groin region?

These answers will help me come to a diagnosis and treat you properly.

| 

Dear Doctor,

No, I have not been diagnosed by a doctor for balanitis, also required details are mentioned below:

• No swelling observed in the groin area.
  • No. There are no small fluid filled lesions as of now but initially there are few (1-2).
  • Yes. Tiny ulcers are on penis tip, currently very few but increased if I stop applying candid cream.
  • No milky discharge from penis.
  • Yes. I had pain/strain initially but that has been sorted post using Candid cream.

Hope that will help in providing resolution.

Dr. Meha Malhotra

#

Thanks for providing the necessary details.

• You may start taking tablet Fusys DT 100mg once a day for ten days. 
  • Apply candid B cream twice a day for ten days. 
  • Get a fasting and post prandial blood sugar level done.
  • Candidal balanoposthitis is very common in diabetics. 
  • So it is better to rule it out. Any other problem do let me know.

Revert back to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|