Q. How to remove Becker's nevus?

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 12, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 03, 2019

I have Becker's nevus on my upper part of the chest. It has grown subsequently dark in the past few years. Also, hair growth has increased very much on that part. It is aligned towards my left shoulder. My childhood photos show no sign of any such mark. Only, occasional acne occur on that patch.

#

• Becker's nevus is a kind of mole, which usually starts at puberty and keeps increasing in size and pigmentation till the age of 25 to 30 years.
  • Also, it is tough to treat. It can only be lightened, but not completely removed.
  • You may have to try lasers such as Q-switched Nd-Yag for best results depending upon the level of pigmentation.
  • Kindly upload appropriate images so that we can assess it better and suggest you accordingly.

Revert with photos to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|