Q. How to remove Becker's nevus?

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula
Published on Apr 12, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 03, 2019

I have Becker's nevus on my upper part of the chest. It has grown subsequently dark in the past few years. Also, hair growth has increased very much on that part. It is aligned towards my left shoulder. My childhood photos show no sign of any such mark. Only, occasional acne occur on that patch.

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Cosmetology Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Venereology
#

• Becker's nevus is a kind of mole, which usually starts at puberty and keeps increasing in size and pigmentation till the age of 25 to 30 years.
  • Also, it is tough to treat. It can only be lightened, but not completely removed.
  • You may have to try lasers such as Q-switched Nd-Yag for best results depending upon the level of pigmentation.
  • Kindly upload appropriate images so that we can assess it better and suggest you accordingly.

Revert with photos to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Does laser surgery cause dry eyes?

Query: Hello doctor, I had laser surgery on both my eyes 15 years back, and it was not very successful. My eye sight power came back along with the cylindrical power. My power has been stable for the last 10 years. Now my vision has become 6/4. But, I found out that I have dry eyes ever since. If I use ...  Read Full >>

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query. Dry eye syndrome also called as sicca syndrome is due to the inability of the tear glands to produce enough tears. It is sometimes associated with dry mouth and positive antibodies like anti-Ro and anti-La, in which case, it is called Sjogr...  Read Full

How to treat yellow color skin pigmentation caused by eating excess fennel seeds?

Query: Hi doctor, A few months ago, I ate lots of fennel seed. Due to which my skin becomes yellow and show extreme pigmentation of yellow color in sunlight.Please suggest me the treatment. Thanks.  Read Full >>

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. As you have mentioned that you ate a lot of fennel seeds a few months ago, then if it had any side effects, it should be at that time not after so many months. The yellow colored pigmentation you are currently talking about may be due low hem...  Read Full

Can I use Calamine lotion for hyperpigmentation?

Query: Hi doctor, The forehead portion above my eyes and the portion of face around eyes became black around four years ago. Please find the photo of my face attached here. I never took any medicine. For the last four months, I am taking some natural remedies such as turmeric, aloevera, etc. Please sugge...  Read Full >>

Dr. Sudhir Kumar N

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query and have seen your photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity). What I have seen is a blackish pigmentation over your forehead and around your eye along with ice pick, rolling and pock-like scars over your cheeks. The blackish pi...  Read Full