Q. Does laser surgery cause dry eyes?

Answered by Dr. Ashaq Hussain Parrey and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Dry Eyes or Lasik? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I had laser surgery on both my eyes 15 years back, and it was not very successful. My eye sight power came back along with the cylindrical power. My power has been stable for the last 10 years. Now my vision has become 6/4. But, I found out that I have dry eyes ever since. If I use a lubricant, there is some improvement but, by morning I am unable to open my eyes. Also, my eyes are red often. Is it due to my increased screen viewing? What can I do to completely cure my dry eyes?