Benefits Of Fruits

Which is the best time to eat fruits?

Query: Hello doctor, I want to add raw onions, raw garlic, banana, pomegranate, dates, raisins with water, turmeric powder with water, lemon with peel etc., to my diet. Please suggest me the best time of the day to eat these.  Read Full »

Dr. Sarah M Alhennawy

Nutritionist, Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Many studies conducted on the properties of garlic show that eating it on an empty stomach makes it a powerful natural antibiotic. The best practice for onions consists of chopping or crushing them five to 15 minutes prior to eating them. The best time to eat fruits i...  Read Full »

I have high cholesterol and a fatty liver. Please suggest a diet chart.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 38 year old male, who has high cholesterol and a fatty liver. In our home, we use groundnut oil for cooking, and I use up to six teaspoons of ghee every day. I consume alcohol twice a day. But now, I have decided to stop alcohol and follow a strict diet. Tell me a diet that I sh...  Read Full »

Dr. Sanchari Majumder

Nutritionist, Dietician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), and following is the diet chart for you. Early morning 7 AM - green tea with a biscuit or half plate sprouts. Breakfast 8.30 AM - a bowl of oatmeal or two pieces of brown bread and eg...  Read Full »

What are the health benefits of Mediterranean diet?

Query: Hello doctor, In a few sentences, what is the Mediterranean diet? What food categories are typically eaten on the Mediterranean diet? In a few sentences, what health benefits come from the Mediterranean diet? And anything else you would like to add.  Read Full »

Dr. Sumiya Sulthana

Nutritionist, Dietician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is way back to our ancient times we are in diet emphasis on eating a primarily plant-based diet like fruits, vegetables, legumes, grains, and nuts replacing butter with Olive oil using herbs and spices instead of salt. A vegetarian-based, fish and poultry food die...  Read Full »

What are the health benefits of guava?

Query: Hello doctor, How does guava help boost weight loss? Can guava extract help in prostate cancer prevention? How does guava work as a remedy for cold? Why is guava recommended for better brain health? What can guava's high vitamin A content do for our eyesight? What are the other benefits of co...  Read Full »

Dr. Revathi Sundaramurthy

Ayurveda Specialist, Yoga Specialist, Nutritionist, Dietician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Guava helps in weight loss as it contains roughage or fibers. Fibers include both soluble and insoluble fiber. Fibers are the part of plant foods. Not all fibers are completely digested by the human body, hence they will not add to your calories, but they add bulk to th...  Read Full »

How to stay active during night shift while feeling sleepy and lazy?

Query: Hi doctor, I work in night shift. What can I take to be alive and energetic at night during work? I feel sleepy, and I am slow during my work. Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Suneetha B S

Diabetologist, Family Physician, Microbiologist, Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you are working in the night, you might be losing out the necessary sleep. So you are unable to focus entirely during work. It is essential for an adult human being to get seven to eight hours of quality sleep every day. Once you finish your job in the morning, tr...  Read Full »

Is it harmful to take constipation medicines for a long time?

Query: Hello doctor, I am taking Anuloma DS from the last six months with tablet Pylapy. I take it every day. Even if I miss it once, I do not get motion. Is it harmful to take it for a long time? Another problem I am facing is an irregular time of motions. It may be any time before noon. So, I cannot go ...  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query. As your basic problem is constipation, the regular intake of any medicine will make your intestine dependent on it. Currently, your bowel is dependent on the medicines. So, try to take this tablet every alternate day and then try to stop it slowly. ...  Read Full »

Why is my 19 months old daughter having constipation since we started giving her solid food?

Query: Hi doctor, My 19 months old daughter weighs 7 kg and is 2.3 feet tall. She has been suffering from constipation since we started giving her solid food, that is since the seventh month.  She cries while passing stool, and her anus becomes red after she passes stool for around two or three times...  Read Full »

Dr. Sirisha

Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Constipation is a common problem for children of this age. We should try to rule out any significant medical causes like anal stenosis and for this, you have to visit a pediatric surgeon. Dietary changes like avoiding milk products should be started as suggested by your...  Read Full »

What diet can a chronic kidney disease patient follow?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 67-year-old male with a weight 65 kg and height of 171 cm. I have been suffering from chronic kidney disease and post PTCA care for 17 years. I was diagnosed 15 months back with serum creatinine to be around 5 and am on medications for 15 months. I am a non-diabetic. In the la...  Read Full »

Dr. Krishna Somani

Nephrologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachments (attachment removed to protect patient identity) Your reports are fine. Albumin is good that shows that your nutritional status is fine. Potassium is low that accounts for generalized weakness. So now decrease your food restricti...  Read Full »

Few of my tests are abnormal. How to make them normal again?

Query: Hi doctor, Kindly check my reports. A few tests are showing some varied results. So, kindly give me suggestions to make them normal again.  Read Full »

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your tests can be back to normal just by some dietary and lifestyle modifications. You need to avoid saturated fats such as fried and processed foods. Also, try to choose leaner cuts...  Read Full »

What types of foods can be given to aid my little son eat properly?

Query: Hello doctor, My 4-year-old son weighs 14 kg and does not take his food properly. He has mild constipation. I would like to know what type of food does he need? Please suggest if he needs vitamin supplements.  Read Full »

Dr. Simy Mathew

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your child is underweight by just 2 kg. You should try giving different food items and try new recipes. All kids are fussy eaters. We should put our maximum effort to make them eat. You can give multivitamin syrup like Visyneral Z Syrup (vitamin ...  Read Full »