Q. I am eight weeks pregnant, and I feel a burning sensation around my ribs. Please help.

Dr. Monica Mathur
This is a premium question & answer published on May 04, 2017 and last reviewed on: Sep 11, 2021

I am a 35 year old female, and I am currently eight weeks pregnant. I have had a tummy ache, and my stomach is burning since yesterday. I also have a backache and a burning feeling around my ribs. I feel sick. Please help me.

#

Most probably you are suffering from gastritis.

I suggest you try doing the following.

1. You can take cold milk, which is very soothing.
  2. Avoid spicy food.
  3. Take more of fruits and salad.
  4. Eat small portions at frequent intervals.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Thank you very much. I have been panicking as I have an anxiety problem. I thought it is an ectopic pregnancy.

#

Pregnancy is a special event in the life of a lady. So, take good care of yourself.

Your teeth need special care, if there are any dental caries, go for a filling.

• I suggest taking Folic acid 5 mg daily, to prevent any abnormalities to your baby, as you are 35 years old. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicine after their consent.
  • Also get an ultrasonography of the abdomen done, to listen to the baby's heartbeat. Along with this, I suggest you do a complete blood count and urine examination.
  • Relax and enjoy your pregnancy without any worry, but be very regular for a checkup with your gynecologist. Feel free to consult me with the above reports.

For further queries consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|