Q. Is it true that fruits cause acidity?

This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 23, 2016 and last reviewed on: Sep 01, 2020

After consultation and analyzing Lactulose and MiraLax, I came to the conclusion that fruits are a very good natural regulator of digestion. It turned out that fruits were really the solution to my problem. I have now almost 100% perfect control over digestion and live very happily. I have a tendency to exaggerate a little bit and have too much discipline. I am eating a whole large fruit every day. I mean 1 to 2 kg of fruit, which I eat at once. In the morning, I peel and cut them into pieces and when I return home hungry in the evening I eat them. The result has been awesome. I am perfectly regular and I do not have any problems during the day. My eyes shine clearly and my voice is crystal clear. However, I wanted to ask if I eat so much fruit on a regular basis will it harm my digestive tract because of the acidity? In general, it should be a good thing to eat healthy. One of my teachers once told in the class that every excessive thing is a bad thing. So, the question is will the acidity create ulcers or fistulas or something in the long term? Are there any medicines or natural solution as an antacid? How many would I have to take to compensate for 1.5 kg of fruit? I had a severe eating disorder in my younger age. I can still lead a normal and satisfying life, by focusing more on an active lifestyle and being aware of my diet. Please clarify my doubt.

#

• Fruits are not going to harm you.
  • Definitely, excess of everything is bad, but we have to compare harmful effects of fruits and laxatives that you were taking previously. If we compare, then definitely fruits are much safer for your problem.
  • The only thing that I would like to advise you is that take the fruit along with your normal diet.
  • Fruits usually do not cause acidity. They are very rich in fiber that makes the bulk of your stools
  • You should not compromise on wheat, pulses, cereals and regular stuff as they are also very important to maintain your body.
  • My advice would be to eat those 1.5 kg fruits in your diet in divided doses along with your regular meals. Also, drink plenty of fluids.

For further information consult a general medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

Your answer is good. I have another question. When I eat a meal with heavy meat and whole cooked potatoes, I feel heavy. I think there is still some inflammation left in the upper gastrointestinal tract so that heavy meals seem heavier and burning. Is there any trick to make meals feel lighter?

#

• You might be having acid reflux getting aggravated by potatoes and stuff. The idea is to avoid them and use lowest quantity of oil and spice.
  • If you still have the feel, then I suggest Omeprazole for relief. Consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.
  • In case you have these symptoms even after taking other normal bland diet and fruits, then we need consideration for peptic ulcer disease.

|