Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo

What is the reason for my motion sickness with dizziness, vertigo, and nausea?

Query: Hello doctor, I had gone to many doctors and did many investigations, and no one can diagnose me so far, and here is my condition. Regularly, I have normal motion sickness, which required me to take Cinnarizine or Stemetil before traveling by plane or long distance by car, but this happened when I t...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from motion sickness associated with dizziness, unsteadiness, nausea, and vertigo. Motion sickness is dizziness and nausea when you ride in a car, train, boat, airplane, etc. Ag...  Read Full »

How to confirm whether my dizziness is due to hypertension or BPPV?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 75 years old. I have IHD, mild hypertension, diabetes, BPPV, and hypothyroidism for several years. I am herewith giving the BP readings taken last week. I am taking Betacard 50 mg, Ismo 10 mg, and Amlodipine 5 mg for several years. I was told that I had T wave inversion in V4, V...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, regarding T wave inversions, as you mentioned, you are a case of IHD (ischemic heart disease), so these changes will be persistent throughout the life, and these are likely old changes. You are likely a case of essential hypertension, which is similar t...  Read Full »

Why is there dizziness upon a change in the position of the head?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother has been suffering from BPPV for the past year. At the start, it was severe, but with the time, it became less. It has been ten months, but still, she feels dizziness like her body is slowly moving, and while walking, she complains that floor is getting high and low. Her MRI, f...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Shrestha

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As your mother is having BPPV (benign paroxysmal positional vertigo), it is a disease of the posterior semicircular canal in inner ear. Try to know which side of the ear is affected. It gets aggravate while moving head laterally. Epley maneuver is one of the standard...  Read Full »

How to treat positional vertigo with dizziness and vomiting?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 85 years old. I have dizziness, vomiting, and positional vertigo for the past 22 days, and I cannot undergo exercise. I tried with Vertin, and there are no results; later on, the doctor gave Stugiron. Also, have high blood pressure and currently under medication. Vertigo is mainly p...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. With the symptoms you have, there is a possibility of a BPPV (benign paroxysmal positional vertigo). In this condition, there is the displacement of the calcium carbonate crystals present in the inner ear, causing hyperfiring signals to your brain and thereby having a f...  Read Full »

Are my symptoms due to vertigo or a brain tumor?

Query: Hello I am 24 years old. 3 years back I had a vertigo kind of thing I see a doctor he gave me some meds and it was ok Now from last few days like 20 days I have these symptoms 1) I feel like things around me are in motion (too and fro ) 2) it gets worse when I try to sleep and lie on bed or fl...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, I would like to know some details of your symptoms: 1. what exactly you feel in these symptoms of to & fro: - Do you see surrounding objects rotating around yourself? - Do you only feel surroundings be swinging, but on seeing by eyes everything looks to kept at stable place? - D...  Read Full »

What is the reason for my dizziness and vomiting?

Query: Hi doctor, I am feeling dizzy whenever I got up from bed or stand up. I vomited four times already with stomach pain too. Whenever, I vomit it feels and tastes like acid. And I also feel burning sensation in the chest.  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This does not seem to be problem with your stomach, but the description matches motion sickness. Motion sickness is a condition whereby the movement of the body bring up vertigo, dizziness, and vomiting. The stomach pain does not seem to be acid-related, but it is due...  Read Full »

Can dehydration result in dizzy feel and lightheadedness?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 23 years old. For about four weeks, I have been experiencing lightheadedness. It happens a few times each week. I never pass out, but I get very hot and feel like I might pass out. I have also not had an appetite. I have lost about 5 pounds from not being hungry. I went to the doctor...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are too young to have high blood pressure. There could be many reasons for dizziness. The most important one is being orthostatic hypotension if you are on a blood pressure (BP) medication. Others could be thyroid disorder, anemia, vitamin B12 deficiency an...  Read Full »

Please suggest a way to get rid of inner ear fluid.

Query: Hi doctor, I was told by my primary care physician that I have some fluid in my inner ear. I have also had dizziness, nausea and feeling like the room is spinning. I also think that I have vertigo, but I am not sure. The episodes happen at night and sometimes during the day. My current medication in...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do your symptoms increase on changing position? Do you have fullness in the ear, ringing sensation in ear or reduced hearing? There can be two possible diagnoses in your case, but I need to know if you have any of the above symptoms. Either it can be benign paroxy...  Read Full »

Why do I get dizziness while lying on the left side in particular with migraine?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25-year-old male. I have dizziness and imbalance. It starts when I got tonsilitis and prescribed with Levofloxacin 500 mg twice a day for seven days. At the sixth day, I felt migraine and spinning with dizziness especially when lying on the left side. It is there for more than ...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. With the symptoms you have, there is a possibility of a condition called BPPV (benign paroxysmal positional vertigo). In this condition, there is displacememt of the calcium carbonate crystals present in the inner ear causing hyperfiring signals to your brain and the...  Read Full »

Can vitamin B12 deficiency cause dizziness while waking up from bed?

Query: Hello doctor, I am getting dizziness while getting up from the bed for the past three days. My vitamin B12 is low in the report taken last month. Whether my dizziness is due to that or it is vertigo? Please suggest me some medicine.  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The giddiness does not appear due to vitamin deficiency. The symptoms are suggestive of benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV). We need to confirm the diagnosis. For this you have to provide details as follows. Is it spinning sensation or is it weakness? Does i...  Read Full »