Q. I am suffering from dizziness and headache. What could it be?

Dr. Mohammed Parvez
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 16, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am 30 years old. I am suffering from dizziness and headache. There is some fluid sensation in my inner head. I have seen a neuro doctor and they said there is nothing to worry. But, there is a fluid leakage sensation which is quite disturbing. I would like to take an MRI. Kindly suggest me what should I do?

#

You may be having BPPV (benign paroxysmal positional vertigo) which is nothing but an inner ear inflammation. This can be mostly due to a viral infection.

An ENT doctor will easily be able to check and examine your ear and this usually does not require any test.

I suggest you take Vertin (Betahistine) 16 mg tablet three times daily or 48 mg once daily for three days. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicines with their consent.

Do not make sudden movements of your head. Try to move around the head slowly and try to keep the head still.

You should get better soon. Regards.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|