Q. I am planning to start a family, but have low libido and weight issues. Please advise.

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Dear doctor,

I have been married for four years and I am planning to start a family. I have been facing low libido and fluctuating weight issues for four years. I consulted an andrologist three years back who conducted a blood test and found my TSH level at 4.81 IU/ml which he said was slightly on the higher side. No treatment was suggested. Recently, I retook the test and the TSH was 7.00 IU/ml, T3 was 111ng/dl, and T4 was 7.5ug/dl. The TSH is showing an increase. I want to know if this needs treatment and if my low libido and weight issues are related to the increase in TSH. My testosterone levels at present are 301.9 ng/dl. Kindly give your opinion.

#

I just read your query and went through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). From what you have mentioned, it appears that you have subclinical hypothyroidism and low libido.

Your testosterone levels are good. So, they are not responsible for your low libido. Your subclinical hypothyroidism does not need any treatment nor is it responsible for your symptoms.Your vitamin D is low and cholesterol is high which could be responsible for your symptoms.

1. I suggest that you exercise for 30 minutes daily.
  2. Take a low-fat diet.
  3. Take 5000 IU Vitamin D tablets once daily for three months.

Hope you find my advice beneficial. Good luck.

For more information consult an endocrinologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/endocrinologist

|