Tamsulosin.

Why is my urine output low except when I exercise or do abdominal massage?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 30-year-old male. I have some problems with urination. It got started before a day. I have low urine output. I have only a small amount of urine passage every time after urination. But after doing exercise or some abdominal massage, I have more urine output. I have attached my repor...  Read Full »

Dr. Ankush Jairath

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your reports are normal except for isolated ketonuria. I suggest you repeat your urine test for ketones. Usually, ketonuria occurs due to uncontrolled diabetes, starvation, prolonged vomiting and diarrhea, glycogen storage disease, severe sustained exercise, dietary...  Read Full »

Is long-term use of Tamsulosin safe?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 68-year-old male. I have enlarged prostate. Currently, I am taking the following medication: 1. Lipitor (Atorvastatin) 20 mg - once in the evening. 2. Blopress (Candesartan) 16 mg - once in the morning and once in the evening. 3. Aspirin protect 100- once in the morning. 4....  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is usually safe to take this medication with other medications. However, the important concern is low blood pressure. As you are on other blood pressure-lowering medications, the addition of this may lead to excessive fall of blood pressure, especially for the first...  Read Full »

Can people live with only one kidney?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother is not getting recovery from her illness and now she is hospitalized in an International Hospital. In the meantime, she suffered from malena for three to four days. However, endoscopy and colonoscopy report was normal and now malena problem was solved. As her left kidney functi...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through all reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) sent by you. I think the source of UTI (urinary tract infection) and other urinary problem is stones in left kidney. At present, there is no function in the left kidney and this is the source...  Read Full »

What is the cause of my low urine flow?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from poor urine flow and hesitancy. My USG and KFT are normal. I have attached the reports. What is the issue, and what are the treatment options?   Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I believe you have enlarged prostate causing obstruction to your flow. The size of prostate does not matter rather the shape of prostate is more important and the anatomy of prostate is well seen on the flexible cystoscopy if facility is available. You have mild symptom...  Read Full »

What could cause burning sensation in the penis post unprotected oral sex?

Query: Hello doctor, I received unprotected oral sex from someone I did not know, and I have been having symptoms in the genital area ever since. The onset of symptoms happened as follows. First, a few days after the encounter, I have a burning at the tip of the penis. This went away on its own. I got p...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is clearly chronic prostatitis. It can be bacterial or abacterial (without bacteria). This is a long term inflammation of the prostate. Its treatment is difficult. Diagnosis is by prostatic massage and urine sample after that, but I request semen for culture eas...  Read Full »

Why do I get prostate pressure and burning sensation on urination after sex?

Query: Hi doctor,I have prostate pressure and uncomfortable urination. A few times after sex with my partner, this has happened where I feel the pressure between the scrotum and anus. No discharge from the penis, but I have a burning sensation on urination. Currently, I am taking Bactrim, and I have done t...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description, the symptoms you got are of chronic prostatitis. This is a long-term issue, and management can be challenging. It seems that you also tried antibiotics without proper outcome. Proper diagnosis can be made by semen culture. There are two main typ...  Read Full »

For a BPH patient, what are the side effects of stopping Veltam plus?

Query: Hello doctor,My father, 74 years of age, has BPH. He had UTI four years ago and was diagnosed with BPH. PSA was 60 and last three years was on Urimax and past few months on Veltamplus. His PSA is 0.9 prostate size 45 cc and PVR is 70 ml. His symptoms have been the urinary frequency of every two hour...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would suggest you continue medicines as at present his flow (which is good) and postvoid (which is less, it should be less only) are because of medicines. I think if he stops the medicines then his urinary symptoms may get worse or postvoid may also increase. Ther...  Read Full »

Can you provide a second opinion for prostate operation?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 74 year old male. 15 days ago, I have had high fever (103 degrees F) with shivering. The actual problem started before 20 days and I was unable to pass urine for three days. I was admitted to hospital due to fever and then discharged after five days of stay. I guess, It was found ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through all your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Yes, the prostate gland is enlarged and weighing more than 100 g. You also have other comorbidities like ischemic bowel disease and diabetes. At this juncture, I would suggest you tabl...  Read Full »

What causes testicular pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 27 years old. I have mild pain in right testicle for a week. The nerves connecting to the right testicle are always in strain mainly in the area of epididymis and vas deference. It pains when I walk, jump, rub or masturbate. I get random swelling, irritation and pain in my right test...  Read Full »

Dr. Saurabh S Pandya

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your symptoms, I believe you are having one of the following: Chronic inflammation of prostate (prostatitis) with pain being referred to testis. Pelvic pain syndrome with primary involvement of testis. Very rarely ureteric stones for repeated testicular tor...  Read Full »

I have slow urinating problem with diabetes. Please suggest medication to help both.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a slow urinating problem and I am taking the following medications: Telma H (OD), Glycomet GP (BD), Atorlip 10 (OD), Urimax 0.4 mg (OD), and Vitamin A to Z (OD), and Human Mixtard Insulin 20 units (OD). I have my health check-up done. Please prescribe suitable diabetic and kidn...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Prostate enlargement can cause an obstruction and slow urine. After the age of 50 prostate starts to grow to variable sizes. Although size does not matter but the shape of the prostate can cause obstruction. Medications can shrink the prostate up to 30% and cause impr...  Read Full »