Tamsulosin.

For a BPH patient, what are the side effects of stopping Veltam plus?

Query: Hello doctor,My father, 74 years of age, has BPH. He had UTI four years ago and was diagnosed with BPH. PSA was 60 and last three years was on Urimax and past few months on Veltamplus. His PSA is 0.9 prostate size 45 cc and PVR is 70 ml. His symptoms have been the urinary frequency of every two hour...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would suggest you continue medicines as at present his flow (which is good) and postvoid (which is less, it should be less only) are because of medicines. I think if he stops the medicines then his urinary symptoms may get worse or postvoid may also increase. Ther...  Read Full »

Can you provide a second opinion for prostate operation?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 74 year old male. 15 days ago, I have had high fever (103 degrees F) with shivering. The actual problem started before 20 days and I was unable to pass urine for three days. I was admitted to hospital due to fever and then discharged after five days of stay. I guess, It was found ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through all your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Yes, the prostate gland is enlarged and weighing more than 100 g. You also have other comorbidities like ischemic bowel disease and diabetes. At this juncture, I would suggest you tabl...  Read Full »

What causes testicular pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 27 years old. I have mild pain in right testicle for a week. The nerves connecting to the right testicle are always in strain mainly in the area of epididymis and vas deference. It pains when I walk, jump, rub or masturbate. I get random swelling, irritation and pain in my right test...  Read Full »

Dr. Saurabh S Pandya

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your symptoms, I believe you are having one of the following: Chronic inflammation of prostate (prostatitis) with pain being referred to testis. Pelvic pain syndrome with primary involvement of testis. Very rarely ureteric stones for repeated testicular tor...  Read Full »

I have slow urinating problem with diabetes. Please suggest medication to help both.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a slow urinating problem and I am taking the following medications: Telma H (OD), Glycomet GP (BD), Atorlip 10 (OD), Urimax 0.4 mg (OD), and Vitamin A to Z (OD), and Human Mixtard Insulin 20 units (OD). I have my health check-up done. Please prescribe suitable diabetic and kidn...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Prostate enlargement can cause an obstruction and slow urine. After the age of 50 prostate starts to grow to variable sizes. Although size does not matter but the shape of the prostate can cause obstruction. Medications can shrink the prostate up to 30% and cause impr...  Read Full »

Why is my urine output low except when I exercise or do abdominal massage?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30-year-old male. I have urination problem. It started a day ago. I observed low output of urine that is only a small amount every time I have urinated. But, when I exercise or do some abdominal massage, the urine output level is more. I also uploaded the lab test report. Kindly c...  Read Full »

Dr. Ankush Jairath

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your reports are grossly normal except for isolated ketonuria. I think you get repeat urine for ketones test done as I do not find a cause for it (it can be lab miscalculation). Mostly ketonuria occurs in uncontrolled diabetes, starvation, prolonged vomiting and diarrh...  Read Full »

What could cause streaks of blood in urine?

Query: Hi doctor, I need your help as I am worried sick and it is affecting me mentally now that something serious is wrong with me. Seven months ago I began experiencing pain on my left side. I went to my doctor who said it was just muscle pain. The pain went on and got a lot worse. Four weeks I went to ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandip Pramanik

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your queries. Please relax and sit at home. Do not worry. You need not be in a hurry to get a CT (computed tomography) urogram done at this pandemic state. I am explaining the condition now. You are having hematuria associated with flank pain. Hema...  Read Full »

I had kidney function tests for bright yellow urine. What is the present state of my kidneys?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 76 years old. I do not feel thirsty thus I drink very little water for a long time. I was advised to take more water but I am unable to take as I need to force myself to do so. My urine used to be yellow three or four times a day whereas for the past 20 days it is always yellow in...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Ramakrishnan

General Practitioner, Family Physician, Preventive Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through the case history and the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I would like to know what kind of medication you are taking for hypertension and diabetics. Do you get a burning sensation while passing urine or fever? Kindly get back wit...  Read Full »

Should I consult a specialist regarding my gallbladder issues?

Query: Hello doctor, I had got an abdomen ultrasound done for other reasons but, the radiologist observed the following 'gallbladder is partially distended and showing few small concretions at the GB neck. Chronic patient of the prostate. Size 47 by 41 by 38 mm, volume 39 cc. Pre-void urine 281 cc, post v...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How old are you? There is no need to worry. Small concretions are commonly found in the gallbladder. Also, the prostate size is enlarged and it is probably due to a benign prostatic hypertrophy. You should get Serum PSA (prostate-specific antigen) levels done, whi...  Read Full »

Is surgery inevitable for an enlarged prostate?

Query: Hi doctor, My father is having enlarged prostate and has to undergo prostatectomy surgery. But, it is getting delayed due to ITP (idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura). Right now he is under urine catheter. From past 12 days he is using Silodal-D 8 mg. Doctor said that after 20 days the prostate glan...  Read Full »

Dr. Saurabh S Pandya

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your father was on medication and has history of urine retention in the past. Currently, he is on catheter. Chances of medical management will not be successful. He needs surgery of either TURP (transurethral resection of the prostate) or HoLEP (Holmium laser enucleati...  Read Full »

Can STD be the cause of discomfort in urethra after intercourse?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having a weird feeling and discomfort around the opening of my penis for several months now. I have got both UTI and STD urine test done but everything came up negative. The discomfort lessened considerably a week or two, after which it is still around. I went again for another UTI a...  Read Full »

Dr. Aman Gupta

Urologist, Andrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yours is one of the most common problems which I see in my outdoor department every day. It has different terminology amongst different clinicians such as urethritis, prostatitis, chronic pelvic pain syndrome, etc. Probable reasons are some irritation of nerves around th...  Read Full »