Tamsulosin.

Should I consult a specialist regarding my gallbladder issues?

Query: Hello doctor, I had got an abdomen ultrasound done for other reasons but, the radiologist observed the following 'gallbladder is partially distended and showing few small concretions at the GB neck. Chronic patient of the prostate. Size 47 by 41 by 38 mm, volume 39 cc. Pre-void urine 281 cc, post v...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How old are you? There is no need to worry. Small concretions are commonly found in the gallbladder. Also, the prostate size is enlarged and it is probably due to a benign prostatic hypertrophy. You should get Serum PSA (prostate-specific antigen) levels done, whi...  Read Full »

What causes testicular pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 27 years old. I have mild pain in right testicle for a week. The nerves connecting to the right testicle are always in strain mainly in the area of epididymis and vas deference. It pains when I walk, jump, rub or masturbate. I get random swelling, irritation and pain in my right test...  Read Full »

Dr. Saurabh S Pandya

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your symptoms, I believe you are having one of the following: Chronic inflammation of prostate (prostatitis) with pain being referred to testis. Pelvic pain syndrome with primary involvement of testis. Very rarely ureteric stones for repeated testicular tor...  Read Full »

For a BPH patient, what are the side effects of stopping Veltam plus?

Query: Hello doctor,My father, 74 years of age, has BPH. He had UTI four years ago and was diagnosed with BPH. PSA was 60 and last three years was on Urimax and past few months on Veltamplus. His PSA is 0.9 prostate size 45 cc and PVR is 70 ml. His symptoms have been the urinary frequency of every two hour...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would suggest you continue medicines as at present his flow (which is good) and postvoid (which is less, it should be less only) are because of medicines. I think if he stops the medicines then his urinary symptoms may get worse or postvoid may also increase. Ther...  Read Full »

Is surgery inevitable for an enlarged prostate?

Query: Hi doctor, My father is having enlarged prostate and has to undergo prostatectomy surgery. But, it is getting delayed due to ITP (idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura). Right now he is under urine catheter. From past 12 days he is using Silodal-D 8 mg. Doctor said that after 20 days the prostate glan...  Read Full »

Dr. Saurabh S Pandya

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your father was on medication and has history of urine retention in the past. Currently, he is on catheter. Chances of medical management will not be successful. He needs surgery of either TURP (transurethral resection of the prostate) or HoLEP (Holmium laser enucleati...  Read Full »

Can STD be the cause of discomfort in urethra after intercourse?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having a weird feeling and discomfort around the opening of my penis for several months now. I have got both UTI and STD urine test done but everything came up negative. The discomfort lessened considerably a week or two, after which it is still around. I went again for another UTI a...  Read Full »

Dr. Aman Gupta

Urologist, Andrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yours is one of the most common problems which I see in my outdoor department every day. It has different terminology amongst different clinicians such as urethritis, prostatitis, chronic pelvic pain syndrome, etc. Probable reasons are some irritation of nerves around th...  Read Full »

What do sudden frequent urination and flank pain indicate?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering from frequent urination for the last two days and slight pain in the left side abdomen. The urine test found 10-15 hpf RBC and the USG report came back normal. What does this mean?  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you smoke? At 33 years, the combination of recent onset of frequent urination with flank pain and urine analysis showing RBC (red blood cells) indicates the most likely passage of the small ureteric stone. If USG comes persistently normal with same picture repeated, t...  Read Full »

I am facing problem with leakage of urine. Is there any medicine to help?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 26 years old. I have been to the urologist and had a cystoscopy because I was having problems with leakage of urine after I pee and urgency. The doctor said my prostate was slightly larger than normal and gave me some medicines. Those medicines did not help with the symptoms, and he ...  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How much urine do you leak after urination? How many times you get up at night to urinate? How is the flow? Your cystoscopy looks to be normal (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Please get an ultrasound pre and post-void volumes, a bladder diary with the r...  Read Full »

I have urethritis from the last two months. Am I on the correct treatment?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had urethritis going on for almost two months. I have been tested for all major STDs and have come back negative. My current symptoms are burning sensation in the penis, inflamed meatus, a burning and itchy sensation around the meatus, on and off aching of urethra, no obvious d...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How is your urine flow? Are you sexually active? If yes, then it is possible that you may be getting repeated infections from your partner. Continue with Doxiclat (Doxycycline) at present and complete the course. There is no need for Moxifloxacin. Another possibilit...  Read Full »

Does varicocele surgery cause any side effects?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 33 years old. I got a varicocele surgery two years back. Does the surgery cause any side effects? I am facing trouble in erection and premature ejaculation. I am also facing problem with passing urine (to start and empty). We are presently trying for a child through IUI. My presen...  Read Full »

Dr. Saurabh S Pandya

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Problems in erection with PE premature ejaculation and poor stream suggest prostatitis (inflammation of prostate gland). Please get a routine urine microscopic examination done along with ultrasonography of kidney, ureter and bladder (KUB) + prostate. A per rectal examin...  Read Full »

I got urethritis and conjunctivitis after unprotected oral sex. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I got urethritis and conjunctivitis, at the same time a few months back. I had thick transparent penile discharge with burning and itching sensation. I got this after a week of having unprotected oral sex. I have had urethral swab and urine test done, and the reports showed ureaplasma...  Read Full »

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your genital symptoms are quite classic for chronic non-bacterial prostatitis. This is an ascending infection of the prostate gland from the urethra. Prostatitis is usually chronic and can lead to a dull aching pain for a long time. It is usually a consequence of gonor...  Read Full »