Q. Does my beta hCG report indicate that I am pregnant?

I had my last period a month ago. I had an unprotected sexual intercourse with my partner three days later that is on the third day of my last period. But, he did not ejaculate inside me. Typically, my period lasts for two to three days only. He did not use any protection nor did I take any contraceptive pill at that point in time. I took Azithral 250 mg twice a day for five days in the previous month.

A few months ago, I had similar issues and my period started 15 days late. Now, I am worried and regretting my decision of not taking the pill as my period has not started and I am scared to be pregnant. I am not getting any specific symptom related to my periods. I am just feeling a bit dizzy. I have done a beta hCG test today. Please check the report. Please tell me what to do next?

#

I do not see any reason for you to worry.

Usually, the ovulation occurs between the 13th and 16th day of periods.

Life of the egg is 24 hours and that of the sperm is 72 hours. So there is no chance of the egg being available for three days and sperm will not survive until next ovulation.

Your beta hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) levels show that there is no pregnancy. This test detects the smallest of pregnancy anywhere in the body.

Pregnancy is not the only reason for missing your periods. There may be other reasons:

• Your body weight is slightly above normal limits. Expected weight is between 34 to 39 kgs. This extra fat can get converted to hormones and stop ovulation.
  • Have a thyroid hormone and prolactin hormone checked.
  • Even this anxiety of being pregnant or not can delay period.
  • Any sudden increase or decrease in weight.

Whatever be the reason to have periods, I suggest you have tablet Novelon (Ethinyl Estradiol and Desogestrel) or Ovral-G (Norgestrel and Ethinyl Estradiol) or Dear 21 (Ethinyl Estradiol and Levonorgestrel) or Duoluton L (Ethinyl Estradiol and Levonorgestrel) or Intimacy plus 3 (Desogestrel and Ethinyl Estradiol) one tablet twice a day for 10 days.

Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and with their consent take the medicines.

You will have periods within seven to 10 days of the last pill.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

My beta hCG values are 5.73 and 5.26. Does it confirm pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 38 years old. I did not get my last month period. After 15 days of missed period, my beta hCG value is 5.73. What is the chance of pregnancy? Do I have any issue? Please guide me.  Read Full »

Does my wife's hCG levels indicate a healthy pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 25 years old and she has PCOD. We are trying to conceive for 2 years. We had done an IUI which failed. We did IVF, but it ended with a chemical pregnancy. Last month, our doctor did Frozen Embryo Transfer (FET). He transferred 2 embryos on that day. We got a positive result...  Read Full »

Can unprotected sex on third day of period cause pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I and my fiancee had unprotected sex on the third day of her period. I did not ejaculate inside her. And she also has the history of an irregular period but from the past three months, she is getting her regular period. I just want to know what are the chances of pregnancy.  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»