Q. How can we prevent pregnancy without a condom?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 05, 2017 and last reviewed on: Feb 25, 2021

We are newly married and going for honeymoon. I want to know some preventive measure except condom. My dates are not regular and I have PCOD. How can we get intimate without a condom?

#

• The best option for you, in that case, shall be low dose oral contraceptive pills like Femilon (Ethinyl estradiol and Desogestrel) to be taken from day 2 of your cycle daily till the pack finishes.
  • If your menses are not due lately and you do not have time then the only next answer would be to get a copper-T IUCD (intrauterine contraceptive device) placed in situ, as you do not wish to use with female condoms or male condoms for him.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|